[NEEDS SAVES] [CoL] Cow Vanishing from Inventory Can't Submit to Fair

by Midnitestar719

Original Post

Re: [CoL] Finchwick Fair Cow Vanishing from Inventory Can't Submit to Fair

★★★ Newbie

I also had the same thing happen to me but with my chicken (Matilda) and the blue egg I brought.  They disappeared from all inventories, even after leaving the fair. Matilda was still showing as being registered with her coop but she was not physically anywhere in the game; same with the egg. At the time my sim was pregnant compared to another save file (that I deleted) where my sim wasn't pregnant. So to test my theory that being pregnant confused the fair load; I recovered a previous save before she was pregnant and I was able to bring Matilda and the egg to make a fair appearance.

Don't know why pregnancy did this but it did. Maybe this can be fixed?

Message 11 of 19 (700 Views)

★★ Novice

Me too! Everytime I tried to enter my cow to the Cow fair, it was already gone in inventory and household inventory.
When I return to home it's nowhere to be found :'(

Message 12 of 19 (692 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I had a similar experience, but it was AFTER the Fair. - My household brought my 3 best Chickens. Entered them in the fair, won some ribbons. Fair end. The fair stalls with my chickens vanish. Go back home. Chickens are still gone... I thought I could place them back in the henhouse by clicking on it, like when I placed them in the inventory. But it's like they never existed. My sims don't know them anymore. They just vanished.

I hope it's not suppose to happen like that...? I hope your suppose to bring your fair entry animals home again, but maybe you need to manually remove them from the fair stalls before it ends? It just don't seems possible as they give out the price just when the fair end.

Eggs, pumpkins and wool etc entered in the fair seems to have gone too, but I don't miss that as must as my chikens.

Message 13 of 19 (682 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@Crin Sorry I just saw the link to the animals vanishing after the fair. Ill post over there.
Message 14 of 19 (679 Views)

Re: Finchwick Fair Cow Vanishing from Inventory Can't Submit to Fair

★★★ Novice

I went to the Finchwick Llama Fair and Cow Fair and had the debug cheat on, and everything went fine. The animals were able to travel to the fair and back home with me with no issues. If the debug cheat is really the issue I hope this can be resolved soon in a patch.

Message 15 of 19 (641 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CoL] Finchwick Fair Cow Vanishing from Inventory Can't Submit to Fai

★★★★★ Newbie

Same thing happened to me but it was my chocolate pie for the garden fair and my giant pumpkin and I restarted my last save to see what happened and it did it again no pie or pumpkin, it’s not in the fridge, in sims inventory, or household it just completely vanished and it was a good pie. And big pumpkin.

Message 16 of 19 (613 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CoL] Finchwick Fair Cow Vanishing from Inventory Can't Submit to Fai

★★★★ Novice

Same thing happened to me with my oversized pumpkin! Harvested it right before the fair, checked to make sure it was in my sim's inventory before I left, then traveled to the fair using the button on the flyer and when I got there it disappeared. And had the cow version happen to her dad a generation ago too.

Message 17 of 19 (576 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Could anyone experiencing this issue possibly share a save file with me where you've seen it occur? You can DM me the link to your save, thanks so much!

Instructions for sharing your save: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 18 of 19 (533 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [CoL] Cow Vanishing from Inventory Can't Submit to Fair

★★★★★ Novice

I'm having this problem too except with a (white) Llama and Golden wool.

I'll travel to the fair [through both methods] and my llama and golden wool will disappear. I have found a "Workaround" of sorts. My sim is the only sim in the household after his wife just died. So I add the wife's ghost to the household (with cheats) and have her put the llama and wool in her inventory and travel to the fair. However I didn't get a notification regarding the wool at the end of the fair and i don't think i got a ribbon for it. (I haven't had the chance to see if it is mod related so when I get the chance I'll make a bug report if one hasn't been made yet)

Message 19 of 19 (411 Views)