by charlequin

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] [CoL] Cow Vanishing from Inventory Can't Submit to Fair

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cottage Living, City Living, Snowy Escape, Eco Lifestyle, Discover University, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, Get Together, Get to Work, Dream Home Decorator, Realm of Magic, Strangerville, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Dine Out, Vampires, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Moschino Stuff, Perfect Patio, Romantic Garden, Vintage Glamour, Bowling Night, Toddler, Laundry Day, Tiny Living, Nifty Knitting, Paranormal, Country Kitchen, Holiday Celebration
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? During the Cow Finchwick Fair put your cow into your inventory and then travel to the fair.
What happens when the bug occurs? I put my cow into my inventory to take her to the fair, and then traveled to the Gnome's Arms pub to go to the fair. Once I clicked on the stall to submit her as my entry it was grayed out. It said that I must have an animal in my inventory in order to submit them for entry. I traveled back home to see if she had been put into the household inventory. She had not. I checked the animal shed to see if she was in there, but it gave me the option to purchase an animal.
What do you expect to see? My cow should be in my inventory so that she can be entered into the Finchwick Fair.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The most recent patch right before cottage living, and then installing cottage living

During the Finchwick Fair Cow Fair, I put my cow into my inventory to take her to the fair, and then traveled to the Gnome's Arms pub to go to the fair. Once I clicked on the stall to submit her as my entry it was grayed out. It said that I must have an animal in my inventory in order to submit them for entry. I traveled back home to see if she had been put into the household inventory. She had not. I checked the animal shed to see if she was in there, but it gave me the option to purchase an animal. My poor cow vanished into thin air. RIP Godiva. 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 19 (6,585 Views)

Re: Finchwick Fair Cow Vanishing from Inventory Can't Submit to Fair

Hero
@Midnitestar719 To be sure, you also checked your inventory or just your household inventory ?

Some people have reported that they only see animals if they turn on the debug cheat. Can you try that as well ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 19 (6,522 Views)

★★ Novice

I had this problem too and I was very upset because I really love Clover. I travelled back to the pub after getting home from the fair and then went home and she was in the sim inventory. Maybe travelling back will counter the bug? Either way a bit sloppy for this to even be an issue. 

Message 3 of 19 (6,487 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I checked my sim's inventory, her husband's inventory, and went home and checked the household inventory and the shed. I do not know if I had the debug cheat activated in my game at the time. The next Finchwick Fair coming up in my game is the Llama one. I can use the debug cheat with that and see if it makes a difference, however it also could only occur with cows and not llamas.

I traveled to town and back home many times, but sadly Godiva never returned. There shall always be a great love in my heart for my precious Godiva, both the chocolate and the cow. May the gnomes watch over her wherever she may be.

Message 4 of 19 (6,430 Views)

Hero
@evan1864 Was clover also a cow or another animal and did you loose them before or after the fair ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 19 (6,414 Views)

★★ Novice

Yes, Clover was a cow. I lost her after the fair, but the fix I mentioned in my previous comment worked twice because I attended another fair with her. Works with llamas too. 

Message 6 of 19 (6,410 Views)

Hero
@evan1864 OK

Please use this thread if the animal disappears after the fair: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/CoL-Finchwick-Fair-Submission-Not-Returning-to-Inventory/td-p/...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 19 (6,387 Views)
Highlighted

Llama disappeared when selected to put into inventory

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Famous, Get Together, Seasons, Get to Work, Snowy Escape, Cottage Living, Parenthood, Vampires, Nifty Knitting, Vintage Glamour, Spooky Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Buy a shed and a llama. Have a sim select to put the llama in their inventory.
What happens when the bug occurs? When selected to put the llama in a sim's inventory, the llama is not in any sim's inventory in the household nor the household inventory nor the shed.
What do you expect to see? The llama is in the sim's inventory.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I decided to try putting my llama in my sim's inventory for the fair. When I selected that option, I couldn't see the llama anywhere. Not in the sim inventory or any other sim inventory of anyone in the household or the household inventory or the shed itself. I put the shed in the household inventory to check if that would fix it. (It fixed a little bug I had earlier where my cow wouldn't go into the new shed when I moved houses.) It did not fix this bug. I figured I would go to the fair anyways because maybe it would show up after traveling. It did not. I also tried switching back and forth between the sim at the fair and a sim at the house. I checked all sim inventories, household inventory, and the shed at the house. Llama was not there. I switched back to the sim at the fair. I checked her inventory to see if the llama was there. He was not. I also tried the show hidden objects and show live objects cheats as well as shift clicking and debugging the shed and my sims, all of which also did not help. Now my poor baby llama is lost and alone somewhere out in the ether. I just want to get him back. Please help. 

Message 8 of 19 (6,338 Views)

Re: Llama disappeared when selected to put into inventory

★★★ Newbie

I just had this same issue in my game. What eventually worked for me was checking my inventory at the fair and I was able to bring him back home. I hope this gets patched soon. Losing Larven the Llama 🦙 was giving me a heart attack.

Message 9 of 19 (6,325 Views)

Re: Llama disappeared when selected to put into inventory

★ Novice

Which inventory was he in? Also when were you able to find him more specifically? Did you have to wait for the fair to be over? Sorry for the billion questions. I'm just trying to replicate your results. Also congrats on being reunited with Larven. 

Message 10 of 19 (6,308 Views)