[NEEDS SAVES] [CoL] Chicks won't age up

by kirstieisbored

Original Post

Re: golden chick not aging up

★★ Novice
@Olympian_Girl ok that chick JUST aged up out of nowhere and now it's an ELDER?????
Message 21 of 58 (2,353 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CoL] Chicks won't age up

★ Novice

I had the same issue and looked it up to see if there was an answer. I put both my chicks in my household inventory in build more, went back into live, then back into build mode and placed the chicks back. Few sim hours later they both aged up!

Message 22 of 58 (2,350 Views)

Re: [WORKAROUND] [CoL] Chicks won't age up

★★ Novice
If you shift click and reset them once they enter the coop it will age then up I had five chicks who would not age up and I reset them all and they have all ages up now hope this helps
Message 23 of 58 (2,310 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

This worked for me.  I ddi it at night when everyone was in the coop, so the chickens ended up in my family inventory as well. I put the coop back and then each individual chicken back in the yard. Once the chick in question got back into the coop he aged up.

Message 24 of 58 (2,279 Views)

★ Guide

Golden chicks are incredibly stubborn even to the workarounds, although I did not quit build mode after placing the coop in the inventory so I am gonna try that instead. I have 3 golden ones that simply refuse to age. I even re-enabled aging animals to no avail.

I also noticed that when you disable aging and put a coop in the household inventory, a weird debug item with a cross icon gets put in there too and it costs 10 simoleons.

Note to self for next the sims 4 dlc:

- buy it for the preorer bonuses

- play it a year later

Message 25 of 58 (2,247 Views)

★ Guide

still no luck aging chicks, did anyone else find another workaround? I have 3 golden chicks and a regular one and an entire season passed.
If I enabled animal aging and kept giving all the other animals wellness treats,will they stay their current age?

Message 26 of 58 (2,163 Views)

Evil chicken doesn't age

★★★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Hatch an evil chicken from obsidian egg
What happens when the bug occurs? Evil chick just stays a chick, the golden one ages normally
What do you expect to see? Normal aging after a few days
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

So I managed to get a golden and evil chicks. I had the animal aging option turned off hoping I can age them up with cheat like I do with my sims but not sure why this option is not available Frown

Anyway, after turning the aging back on after a while my golden chick finally grew up (which kinda took long I guess but not 100% sure) but my evil chick just stays the same. It's been over 3 sim weeks and still nothing. I use a lot of mods but the issue is the same with mods off and a clean new save.

Message 27 of 58 (2,119 Views)

★ Guide
@Memodee Thank you! That worked for me.
Message 28 of 58 (2,073 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Unfortunately putting chicks in the inventory and even travelling did nothing. I indeed have aging off, so I'll try to switch to on and putting them into household inventory, but I lost hope at this point Frown

Edit: turned aging on, put chicks in household inventory as well as in sims' inventory then back in world, played 3 sim days and they did not age up.

Message 29 of 58 (2,053 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Sims Team

Hello. 

If anyone is seeing this issue with an empty Mods folder, would you be willing to share your affected save files?

If so, instructions are here:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

EDIT: The team no longer needs saves for this issue.  Thank you to those that sent saves.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 30 of 58 (2,040 Views)