Original Post

Accepted Solution

[NEEDS SAVES] [CoL] Chicks won't age up

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, all game packs besides outdoor retreat and strangerville, about half the stuff packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Hatch or buy chicks with cottage living
What happens when the bug occurs? The chick doesn't age up and stays stuck as a chick. I bought two chicks, one aged up in spring, the other still is a chick in fall almost 2 weeks later. Another chick I hatched at the end of spring is also still a chick and hasn't aged up. I am now wasting money on feed for chicks who won't produce eggs.
What do you expect to see? The chicks age up after 3-4 days.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Buying cottage living

https://www.reddit.com/r/Sims4/comments/oppodo/one_of_my_chicks_isnt_aging/

I see other people have this issue, see link above

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

UPDATE: my chick actually died of old age whilst still in the chick life state....

Message 1 of 58 (26,292 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [CoL] Chicks won't age up

[ Edited ]
Champion

Marked as Solution for Visibility. This is still an open issue.

I had bought a single hen chick, and when it wandered into an empty room in the house I thought “that’s a great idea” and locked it in to protect it from foxes. It didn’t seem to mind at first, but after a few Sim days it started constantly pacing the room and giving a routing error - though was still clean, full, and content. Then the pacing and routing errors stopped, but I began wondering why it was taking so long to age up. I went into build mode and moved it over by the coop outside, thinking maybe it needed to go in the coop to age up? But it wandered off instead of going in. So I was going to try to gather it to coop to see if it would age up once inside, but I was running out of time to make it to the fair so just stuck the chick in inventory to see if I could enter a chick in the chicken competition. I couldn’t.

But once back home, I used “place in world” from the Sim’s inventory and lost track of where the chick went but very soon after it aged up. I suspect this was more than coincidence - either it did need to access the coop or traveling with it in my inventory reset something. Or both.

Edit By Crinrict: Marked as solution for visibility

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer for Answers HQ, I do not work for EA
She/Her

View in thread

Message 5 of 58 (25,823 Views)

All Replies

Re: Chicks won't age up: Cottage Living

★ Apprentice

Yep, I have a rooster that has been a chick for Sim weeks and all the chicks I got at the same time have aged up.

Message 2 of 58 (26,220 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same here, bought a hen chick and rooster chick 1-2 days apart, been sim weeks and no change to rooster chick. Currently seeking help for several bugs since i'm playing a rags-to-riches and i can't be wasting simoleons on nothingness. CoL broke my OtG lot too.

Message 3 of 58 (25,924 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I am having the same issue. I bought a hen and a rooster, incubated 2 eggs and nothing. In fact, the hen is aging and is an elder. But the chicks have remained the same since she was a young adult. I play on the ps4, so no mods or CC. 

Message 4 of 58 (25,863 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

Marked as Solution for Visibility. This is still an open issue.

I had bought a single hen chick, and when it wandered into an empty room in the house I thought “that’s a great idea” and locked it in to protect it from foxes. It didn’t seem to mind at first, but after a few Sim days it started constantly pacing the room and giving a routing error - though was still clean, full, and content. Then the pacing and routing errors stopped, but I began wondering why it was taking so long to age up. I went into build mode and moved it over by the coop outside, thinking maybe it needed to go in the coop to age up? But it wandered off instead of going in. So I was going to try to gather it to coop to see if it would age up once inside, but I was running out of time to make it to the fair so just stuck the chick in inventory to see if I could enter a chick in the chicken competition. I couldn’t.

But once back home, I used “place in world” from the Sim’s inventory and lost track of where the chick went but very soon after it aged up. I suspect this was more than coincidence - either it did need to access the coop or traveling with it in my inventory reset something. Or both.

Edit By Crinrict: Marked as solution for visibility

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer for Answers HQ, I do not work for EA
She/Her
Message 5 of 58 (25,824 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have the same issue except out of five chicks, one he. chick aged up and it wasn’t the eldest. poor daffodil won’t age up and it’s been weeks. They all have cool access and are fenced in. I’ll try the inventory travel and see how it goes.

Message 6 of 58 (25,680 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CoL] Chicks won't age up

★★★★★ Novice

I went into build mode, moved my coop and the chickens into my household inventory. Then placed them back outside again and called the chicks into the coop and then they finally aged up! Hopefully that trick will work for others! 

Message 7 of 58 (25,596 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Same issue. I bought a hen chick had it for three days then bought a rooster chick. The rooster chick aged up but the hen chick is still a chick. 

Message 8 of 58 (25,130 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@Memodee This worked for me. Thank you!!!
Message 9 of 58 (25,108 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Memodee This worked for me as well. Thank you!!
Message 10 of 58 (24,969 Views)