Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [CoL] Animal Aging off, Animals Still Dying

by LuvMySimz

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [CoL] Animal Aging off, Animals Still Dying

★ Guide

@RobinKLocksley wrote:
@SimGuruRitzyThis seems to happen for me specifically when the hen's been in my inventory (i.e gone to the fair and come back) when I get back home she's aged dramatically even though I have the setting off.

Wheras, the hens at home (in the outside world, one of which is older than the one that's an elder) are all still Young Adults as intended.

Hope this helps.

Adding to this. I just moved my main household and put all their chickens in the household inventory for the move. I have aging off, but now 3 of my chickens who had been young adults are elders. 

Only the 3 normal chickens aged. All my evil and gold chickens remained young adults. 
Message 41 of 265 (2,434 Views)

★ Guide

I just submitted my cow Cocoa at the Finchwick faire and not only did I get the elder cow notification, but not minutes later the Reaper shows up. Did the faire reset the aging and do a rapid age or what??

Message 42 of 265 (2,341 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

deleted cuz wrong thread

Message 43 of 265 (2,322 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

So like, is there an update on this? Several people have sent saves I think and it still says needs saves. I've sent mine already but clearly many people are having this issue and there was an update today that didn't address this. 

Message 44 of 265 (2,258 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

@ChemicalPrncessNope, still not fixed. Neither is the decoration snd gardening (plant revert to dirt pile) bug.

Message 45 of 265 (2,247 Views)

EA Staff

Marked as Solution for Visibility. This is still an open issue.

Hello Everyone!

There are a few more details and some more saves we are looking for, to cover all possible scenarios.

If anyone of you are still encountering this (without mods), would you be willing to share your save file(s) and help with a couple of details asked below?:

1. When the issue is observed did we turn on and turn off the 'Aging' option after some gameplay or before starting the game?

2. Did we purchase chicks or YA rooster or hen?

If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file.

Instructions here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 46 of 265 (2,119 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi,
I have been experiencing the same bug for the first time after updating to patch version 1.83.24.1030 on PC last Saturday: My Sims' lama and cow have suddenly aged up to senior and adult, respectively - they were both young adults before. I have turned aging off in the pack settings of the game options menu since the first time I have played Cottage Living (even before buying my first farm animals).

Message 47 of 265 (1,843 Views)

★ Apprentice

Actually this issue started happening to me right after I updated my PC with the latest update as well (patch version 1.83.24.1030). Before that, I had animal aging turned off and no problems. This time, even though I have it turned off, my animals continue to age.

Message 48 of 265 (1,744 Views)

Rabbits aging despite disabled

★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.85.203.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all of them expect the star wars one and a few kits
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? play the game over time with rabbits on your lot with the aging for farm animals disabled.
What happens when the bug occurs? the option for disabling aging for rabbits and other farm animals does not work, i have it disabled but specifically, the rabbits will age.
What do you expect to see? rabbits to not age like the other animals with the option off
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I have the setting for cottage living animal aging turned off and it works for all my animals except rabbits, my rabbits will age and die and I don't know why.

Message 49 of 265 (1,697 Views)

★ Guide

For some reason turning aging off started working for me again after staring a new save. I don't know what exactly has caused that change, since other people with a similar set-up are still experiencing the same bug.

Message 50 of 265 (1,498 Views)