Re: [OPEN] [CoL] Animal Aging off, Animals Still Dying

by Gednaa

Original Post

★★★★★ Guide

Uninstalled for the second time.  Money back please? Also for Dust the bust, Eco Lifestyle, small pets thing... Had two cottage living for some strange reason, the pre-order and the normal one. Uninstalling the whole game as I type and will never use these packs, EPs, Kits again.  Can you help to find out how I get a refund?  Thank you.

Message 21 of 265 (2,351 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Cottage living, Bust the Dust, Eco living now completely uninstalled.  Back to the science career which I enjoy, but I will miss the nice things about cottage living.  It was fun farming, going to fairs, meeting the locals, doing errands...  But my Golden Rooster on fair day was threatened by the reaper. I worked so hard to get a very happy, golden rooster and other livestock. The last thing Rossiter did for me was upgrade all my plants. It was so sad calling him back to the coop. He came running, happily only to be sold to spare him from Grimmy.  Come on EA, please cut us some slack here.  Now all my ribbons are gone and hard few weeks wasted.  I miss the good things, but you lying to us about anti aging has really sent me and my sims nuts today.  I'm sitting here with bloodshot eyes, pleading with you to fix this game for all out sakes. we were so enjoying it.  :'(

Message 22 of 265 (2,330 Views)

★ Guide

I've recently downloaded Eco Lifestyle on my PC and have had the same problem ever since. Beforehand the option to disable the aging & death of farm animals had worked perfectly fine. I have started several new saves with different households and disabled all the mods I had, even though they were only of cosmetic nature, to check whether the problem might be there, but that's not the case. Repairing the game didn't work either. Since nothing has changed about my game, apart from downloading Eco Lifestyle and the small patch from August 24th, it has to be either one of them. Can anyone else deny or confirm whether they have recently started getting the bug due to similar circumstances? Unfortunately, this bug makes the Cottage Living pack completely unplayable for me, because I can't stand my sims & their animals etc. dying.

Ps. Sorry if the format or manner of this reply is off. This is my first post in this forum and I kind of struggled to find the proper options to add to already existing posts.

Message 23 of 265 (2,306 Views)

EA Staff

Hello!

If anyone of you are still encountering this (without mods), would you be willing to share your save file(s)?

If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file.

Instructions here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 24 of 265 (2,280 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@SimGuruRitzy Thank you. I have a save file but it now says requires cottage living which I've now uninstalled. Would that still work for you? Thanks again for getting back to us! I really miss that EP!
Message 25 of 265 (2,263 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@Gednaa Also I don't have a google drive account or one drive, so I don't think I could do it. I hope someone else here can give a save file. Standard smile
Message 26 of 265 (2,246 Views)

★ Guide
@SimGuruRitzy I'd have a save file that might be perfect (new save, no mods, household from the base game, chicks aging up after a few in game hours due to a saved lot etc.), but unfortunately I have no Google or One Drive account either. Is there maybe any other way to send you the save? I personally think it might be related to the bug that also doesn't allow players to disable the Eco Footprint, because for me personally this has been an occurance ever since I downloaded ECO. I'll try to start the game with the pack disabled to confirm or deny my suspicions.
Message 27 of 265 (2,234 Views)

★ Guide
@WingedSnek To my own surprise I can confirm that the bug also occurs without ECO active (I disabled the pack via advanced launch options, but it's still installed). That leads me to the conclusion that at least in my case the small patch from August 24th caused the bug. As mentioned in my first reply the option used to work for me and the only things that have changed ever since are installing ECO and the new patch, so it really can't be anything else. However, I didn't delete my cache and also didn't uninstall ECO, so who knows.
Message 28 of 265 (2,228 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@SimGuruRitzy I have OneDrive. I'll share my file with you later today. One of my real life chickens passed away this morning 😔
Message 29 of 265 (2,221 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@WingedSnek I don't have ECO installed anymore but the problem persists.
Message 30 of 265 (2,189 Views)