Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [CoL] Animal Aging off, Animals Still Dying

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.146.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them except the 80's kit and a few stuff packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure, I have aging off and the Reaper came for my chicken because they got too old.
What happens when the bug occurs? The chicken age says Young Adult and then randomly the Reaper shows up to take the animal.
What do you expect to see? I expect my animals not to die since aging is off.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I was tending to my farm, and all of my animals are fed and happy, and they all say, Young Adult and my animal aging setting is off. Randomly a Reaper shows up and says that it is one of my chicken's time to go from old age. Not sure if they also have something to do with the chicks not aging up, but my animals shouldn't be dying, right?

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title 

Message 1 of 265 (24,984 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [CoL] Animal Aging off, Animals Still Dying

[ Edited ]
Hero

Animals no longer age up and die when the ‘Animal Aging’ option is turned off in Game Settings.

Fixed in Patch 1.99.264/1.78

please create a new thread if you're still experiencing this issue,

If you have further issues, use this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-HR-CD-CoL-All-animals-aging-up-dying/td-p/12763167

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 265 of 265 (5,258 Views)

All Replies

Re: [CoL] Aging off, Animals Still Dying.

★★ Apprentice

I have aging off myself. Tons of my chickens have died, and one of my cows, so I make sure to try to give them the healthy treats regularly. I just assumed it was a mechanic since like.. CL animals aren't household members, so I just assumed aging options weren't meant to affect them, foxes, or rabbits. 

Message 2 of 265 (24,933 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@loversg1rl There is a pack setting for Cottage Living that you can turn animal aging off, so I assumed that meant they don't die. >.<
Message 3 of 265 (24,927 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I have problems with the aging thing too. I keep getting notifications my chickens are becoming elders, they don't die but the notification shouldn't keep showing up. Also bunnies still die with the option turned off. 

Message 4 of 265 (24,815 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@I_am_eefje Quick update now my animals start dying too.
Message 5 of 265 (24,737 Views)

Re: [CoL] Animal Aging off, Animals Still Dying.

★★★ Newbie

I've been having the same problem. Since I got multiple chickens at once the grim reaper tries to take more than one and glitches so the game thinks a sim is still dying and I cant get out or save. I had to cheat my way out and lost some progress because of it. I hope they fix this issue soon. 

Message 6 of 265 (24,650 Views)

★★★ Pro

Why the team bother to create a toggle for it if it not works? The same problem occurs with the toggle for dust and eco footprint. If it too hard to create a working toggle, then stop it and don’t give your customer an illusion that we have a choice.

Message 7 of 265 (24,598 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I have this issue, too. A bunny died although the aging was turned off. Frown

Message 8 of 265 (24,572 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I had a bunny die while I was playing today. Animal aging is disabled.

Message 9 of 265 (24,444 Views)

★★★ Novice

I completely agree!  I turned off the animal aging for Cottage Living and the next time I logged in, it was enabled again.  For Eco Lifestyle, I ended up uninstalling the pack, since even the helpdesk couldn't tell me how to actually disable the option.

Message 10 of 265 (24,432 Views)