by crinrict

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] Child/Toddler Hair Color Changing by Ghost Hand

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? EP: Get to Work, Get Together, City Living, but not installed, Cats and Dogs, Seasons GP: Outdoor Retreat Spa Day Dine Out Vampires Parenthood Jungle Adventure SP: Luxury Party Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Backyard Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Fitness Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff, My First Pet Stuff,
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go into the everyday outfit category and use the new child curly hairstyle that came with Seasons on the child/girl and pick "dark-brown" . Then switch back and forth to other outfit categories like for cold and hot weather and add a different hairstyle and go back to the everyday outfit category to see if the color has changed.
What happens when the bug occurs? The hair color changes by ghost hand.
What do you expect to see? that the chosen color will stay.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Seasons

I have noticed that the new curly hairstyle for kids that came with "Seasons" changes colors by ghost hand. We had this bug before and it looks like it returned. It mainly happen when you go from one into another outfit category and back to the previous. The color will change from dark-brown to blond and even red. Very annoying.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 27 (4,700 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] [S] Child Hair Color Changing by Ghost Hand

Hero
Does it only happen with that one hairstyle or did you try others ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 27 (4,611 Views)

★ Pro

Yes I have tried others, but so far it only happen to this one in my pre-saves. I started a brand new save to test again, and in this one the color didn‘t change (yet). 

Message 3 of 27 (4,586 Views)

Hero

I did a few tests and can't duplicate.

Is this only when you start in CAS or also if you use Plan outfit.

Marking this as needs input for now as it only happened on one save for you as well.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 27 (4,441 Views)

Hero
added as needs input

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 27 (4,411 Views)

★ Pro

Since seasons I had to give my 52 custom Sims correct winter and summer outfits wich means I started the game and went right into CAS from the manage household view and picked one by one family. When the first 5-6 families were done I noticed the hair color dark brown changed on a child from previous edited household. So I reopen them and the child hair was blond. It was the new curly, nice looking afro hairstyle. And in the same time the music glitch kicked in and never stopped (double music play) I had to restart the game. I know the music issue is another thread, but I‘m just telling what happens in combination with the hair color issue. Maybe the music glitch and hair are somehow related.

Message 6 of 27 (4,399 Views)

Basegame Toddler Hair changes colour

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.48.94.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a family with at least 4-5 toddlers, male and female, no occults, make them all have light brown hair, different hairstyles. Then place the family in a house. Click on mirrow to change outfits, and then randomly change some outfits. Then go back into play-mode and fast forward. Go again into CAS, change some outfits, again fast forward. Repeat that for at least a few days.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sooner or later you will notice, that at least one of the toddlers hairs changed colours from light brown hair to dark brown hair. It seems to affect only light brown hair on toddlers, because I have another toddler with light red hair, and that hair stays light red and doesn't change.
What do you expect to see? I expect, that the toddler keeps his light brown hair colour and not to change it autonomously to dark brown. It is very annoying, because everytime I change the hair back to light brown, it's just a matter of time and the hair changes back to dark brown.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1VCioweAz00BpNRp0ruiU23fvg0FaILLK

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1fnkxPUPRPP-tJJ-WIQ5YQKRljxiWlf06

Message 7 of 27 (4,344 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Basegame Toddler Hair changes colour

Hero

HI @MissLjupka

merged your post with existing child hair thread and changed the title a bit.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 27 (4,288 Views)

Re: Basegame Toddler Hair changes colour

★★ Guide

Thank you for merging. Sorry I didn't see that thread before. 

And thank you for the good work your doing!! Standard smile

Message 9 of 27 (4,226 Views)

Snowy Escape Hair Colors Changing

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.69.59.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to Work, Get Together, City Living, Cats & Dogs, Seasons, Get Famous, Island Living, Discover University, Snowy Escape, Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Dine Out, Vampires, Parenthood, Jungle Adventure, Realm of Magic, Movie Hangout Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Backyard Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Bowling Night Stuff, Fitness Stuff, Toddler Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff, Moschino Stuff, Tiny Living Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Give a Snowy Escape hairstyle to a sim. (In my case, it happened with a female child sim). 2. It changes on its own randomly? Seemingly most often when the sim changes clothing, but still at other random times.
What happens when the bug occurs? When the sim changes outfits or removes shoes, the hair sometimes changes color. Other times, it changes on its own when I am not looking/the sim is not visible on my screen. I look down at their avatar or scroll to them, and their has changed from Black to Blonde/Yellow/Brown.
What do you expect to see? The hair color should remain the same. The other two sims in the household do not have changing hair color.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installing Snowy Escape

I have three sims in my household, and only one of them has a Snowy Escape hairstyle. That sim’s hair keeps randomly changing colors- it was originally black but has now turned to red, brown, and yellow on its own. When I enter CAS to change the hair color back, it is the original color (black) in CAS. When I exit CAS, though, it is still yellow. The other two sims without Snowy Escape hairstyles do not have changing colors. 

Message 10 of 27 (3,724 Views)