by simmyfroggy

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] Holes in ceiling/floors remain after stairs moved

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get Famous, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Fitness, Bowling Night, Vintage Glamour, Movie Hangout, Perfect Patio, Luxury Party.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Place down on a lot and rotate stairs in an empty room. Move stairs from their location to another spot. Go up a floor and see if the glitch appears.
What happens when the bug occurs? Two holes appear that cause a visual error within the coding.
What do you expect to see? The holes disappear after the stairs are moved.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

12-16-19_8-34-02 PM.png
As the image above and title says, this is a glitch. There are two holes where the stairs used to be (stairs are in the hallway spot above, moved out of the place to get a better shot). When I exited the game and restarted, the holes disappeared, and tried to attempt the glitch again, but didn't show up. So I'm just reporting to let you know it's possibly a minor coding error or something. It self-fixed since exiting and reopening removed it.

Before you ask

My driver is graphics driver and OS are up to date.

Message 11 of 17 (1,110 Views)

Re: [GLITCH]Holes in ceiling/floors remain after stairs moved.

[ Edited ]
Hero

@matt_a56 As I'm not good with build issues, is this your issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-No-Floor-at-the-top-of-Configured-Stairs/m-p/81765... ?

The way you got there seems different but the result is kinda the same ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 17 (1,089 Views)

Re: [GLITCH]Holes in ceiling/floors remain after stairs moved.

★ Apprentice

That wasn't the issue, the tile in front of the stairs on top was fine. Where the two holes appeared was where the stairs were located. It was visual glitch as I could place items on the holes, and as I said in my first post, disappeared after exiting and turning on the game.

Message 13 of 17 (1,074 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Holes in ceiling/floors remain after stairs moved

Message 14 of 17 (1,047 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Holes in ceiling/floors remain after stairs moved

★ Apprentice

Yes it is, thank you.

Message 15 of 17 (1,020 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Ceiling tiles don't reset after removing of staircase

This has also been happening when you move the room a few tiles over the ceiling is still open where the stairs were before.

Message 16 of 17 (994 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Ceiling tiles don't reset after removing of staircase

EA Sims Team

Hello.

Is anyone still seeing this issue (without mods)?  If so, can you please send new screenshots or videos?

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 17 of 17 (814 Views)