Re: Can′t use spilt from household and move

by mike359

Original Post

Re: Can′t use spilt from household and move

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@SimGuruNickYou can check out my bug report video under this post. My video file size is too big. I can’t send you with a private message.

Message 11 of 59 (59,339 Views)

No pop-up when trying to split household

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? i dont know
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? A lot
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? try and split a household.
What happens when the bug occurs? the sim taps on the phone, but cannot split from household and move out parents house
What do you expect to see? that my grown adult sim can move out from mom and dad house
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

ever since the last update of sims 4, in may 2021, where I got like/dislike added to the game, i cannot make a sim move out from a house. 

i have a family of 3 generations where it has never been a problem before. its just now, after i have JUST updated the sims 4 game. I can create a new household and with the new one, i can split the household - but i still cannot split the household that im playing and have put SO MANY hours into.... i havent had sims 4 for more than a year, but i get way more bug and problems out of this game, than i do of enjoy.

why is it, that i cannot split the household, that i have played for so many hours??? so annoying, 

(CM: Multiple posts merged. Check out this post for tips on how to edit and add more to a post.)

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Title

Message 12 of 59 (59,593 Views)

Re: Not Able to Age up Teens or Split Young Adults from Household

★★ Novice

when i try, and split my young adult, she just looks at the phone and then put it away again. so its the same procedure as normal, but without the move itself. 

i too am doing the 100 baby challange, and its very frustrating.

for 2 generations, this was not a problem. 

now, 3rd generation, and i cant split the household! and this is after i just had a update in the game (the update with the 'like or dislike' funktion.... 

Message 13 of 59 (59,562 Views)

Re: split household

[ Edited ]
Hero

@rwa2212   There is another option to split a sim out of a household.  You can use the same split household option on a computer.  And if that fails too, then you can go to Manage Households and do it there.

I can say that it worked fine for me yesterday and today so I don't think it is due to the patch.  There is still a problem that splitting a household does cause though.  After you've split one or two sims off from a household and moved them into a new house, the normal travel selection panel stops letting you travel with more than 2 sims so you can't travel with 3 or more sims.  But there is a fix to that and it might fix your split from household issue too.  Don't know for sure but it might.

The fix is to save and quit and then go to your The Sims 4 folder and delete the localthumbcache file.  After that, when you next play and attempt to travel, you can select all the sims in a household.  So I'm thinking that the two things might be related and deleting the file might fix both.

@rwa2212 I think deleting the file may work for you as well so give it a try.

If either of you are still having a problem with it after you've deleted the cache file, come back and let me and the other helpers here know and we'll go from there.

Hope this helps.

Message 14 of 59 (59,569 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@rwa2212 I merged your other post in here as the thread you posted in was about the birthdays not working.

Do you get any lastException or lastUIException files in your doc folder ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 59 (59,550 Views)

Hero
@rwa2212 Are you still having issues with this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 16 of 59 (59,498 Views)

I can't get my Sim to split the household and move out.

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.42
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have the expansion packs: Snowy Escape, Eco Lifestyle, Discover University, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Together, and Get to Work. I have the game packs: Dream Home Decorator, Realm of Magic, Strangerville, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, and Outdoor Retreat. I have the stuff packs: Paranormal, Nifty Knitting, Tiny Living, Moschino, My first Pet, Kids Room, Backyard, Vintage Glamour, Toddler, Laundry Day, Romantic Garden, Movie Hangout, Spooky, Cool Kitchen, Holiday Celebration, and Grim's Ghoulish Guitar. I also have the Country Kitchen kit.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to the sims phone and click on the "Split from household and move" option.
What happens when the bug occurs? I try to move out my sim from her household by clicking the "Split from the household and move" button on her phone, and she calls the phone but it never gives me the pop-up screen to move her.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the pop-up screen to move my sim.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I try to move out my sim from her household by clicking the "Split from the household and move" button on her phone, and she calls the phone but it never gives me the pop-up screen to move her. 

How do I fix this?Confused

Message 17 of 59 (59,507 Views)

Re: I can't get my Sim to split the household and move out.

★★★★ Guide

@Mysterous_Lady  Not sure what the problem is, but this reminds me of an issue I had a while back. After having 2 sims get married that didn't already live together, it would bring up the display asking about moving them in together. After that though the screen to actually move them in wouldn't appear, and the spouse that wasn't already part of the active household would just leave with the guests. I thought I would mention that because it sounds really similar, and so I can't help but wonder if the issues are related somehow.

I do have one suggestion that may help temporarily, have you tried using Manage Worlds to move them out? If you need help figuring out how to do it, let me know and I can go through the process for you. The results will be the same too. You will be able to split them from the current household, then either move them into another household or give them their own household.

Message 18 of 59 (59,482 Views)

Re: I can't get my Sim to split the household and move out.

Hero
@Mysterous_Lady I merged your post with another thread.

Can you check if the pop-up appears if you try to split another family ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 19 of 59 (59,463 Views)

Sim can't separate from family

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hi everyone,

I've been playing The Sims 4 for a while now, but since I downloaded the "Cottage Life"-pack I've been having some issues. 

When I click on the phone en choose the "Separate Sim from family and move out" button (I don't know if it's the same in English because I play the game in another language) nothing happens... My Sim can't move out of the house. Has anyone ever had the same problem or does anyone know how to fix this?

I've already tried removing the Mods-folder but even if removed, I still have the same issue.  

Thanks in advance! 

Amber 

Message 20 of 59 (59,457 Views)