[NEEDS SAVES] Can't travel with more than 2 Sims

by Mysteek220065

Original Post

Sims having trouble inviting others to places using the phone

★ Novice

I tried inviting a few sims to travel with my sim using the phone and it told me I had selected too many people. I unselected the two sims and tried again with no luck. I decided to form a group then clicked on the place in the world I wanted to travel to and the other sims came with me because they were grouped together. Not sure why I wouldn’t be able to travel with them with the phone.

Message 31 of 46 (1,205 Views)

Re: Sims having trouble inviting others to places using the phone

Hero
@LittleLibbyLou I merged your post with the bug report.

Could you send your save to EA ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 32 of 46 (1,088 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Can't travel with more than 2 Sims

★★ Apprentice

This has been happing to me for a long time as well.  It happens with all households.  When I select the travel option on the phone, it will only let me select one additional sim to invite.  If you click on another, it has the same reaction as if you were trying to invite more than the maximum number of sims allowed.  It does not matter if the sims you are inviting live in your household or not.

I am not sure if a specific action is triggering this, as it seems random, but it will last for the duration of the time the game is running.  Quitting and restarting the game seems to fix it.  This bug happens maybe 25% of the time.

Message 33 of 46 (1,071 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I commented on this post before as it happened ages ago. Can't remember what I did to fix it or if it sorted itself out. It has just happened again though. My child sim brought a friend home from school. After finishing homework I wanted her to go to the park with the boy and their two other friends. The only thing I can think of is did this happen because the boy was already at her house but the other friends weren't? In the end I sent my sim and the boy, then invited the other girls when they got to the park.

Message 34 of 46 (1,043 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

52D03FC9-D2E8-4BCA-BCF3-4E54743E79EC.jpegI start having the same problem after today’s update…

Message 35 of 46 (1,005 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I’ve just encountered this issue in a new save no mods. I had my sim select via the phone to travel and it only allows her to click on one sim. If I try to click on another sim they do not stay selected. I can deselect one sim and select another I just am not able to select more than one sim. In my other save I was able to travel with more than one so I’m not sure what’s happening. 

Message 36 of 46 (961 Views)

EA Staff

Hello

If anyone of you are still encountering this (without mods), would you be willing to share your save file(s)?

If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file.

Instructions here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 37 of 46 (915 Views)

Re: Can't travel with multiple sims

★★ Novice
@SimGuruRitzy I can’t seem to upload my saved file, but I just downloaded Eco today and I have no mailbox in my apartment, I can’t travel with more than one sim to a lot and when I switch to build mode my game gets laggy until I click on the 3 dots. No mods in my game. Very frustrating.
Message 38 of 46 (757 Views)

EA Staff
@bwlangel712 Haven't been able to reproduce this on our end and we would be needing save file with the issue to investigate it further.

Not sure why you are not able to upload your save, there are multiple options (like google drive, one drive, etc) to share the save with us;

Check out the instructions here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 39 of 46 (738 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Okay.  I found that after I'd installed a mod to stop the sharing is caring NAP thing, only 2 sims could travel. I took out the mod, now they can all travel as a household. Do check your mods, especially this one about the sharing is caring! Cheers, Ged.

Message 40 of 46 (680 Views)