by EmeraldLaura

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] Can't travel with more than 2 Sims

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1631361010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except vampire
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play Rico Sterling family in Evergreen and try to travel with more than 2 Sims. However, I’ve noticed if I exit and restart the game the problem resolved momentarily and then returned. I should not have to exit and restart my game every time this occurs.
What happens when the bug occurs? I’m unable to form more than 2 in a group or add more than 2 in a group to travel.
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to add up to 7 in a group.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After installing Echo lifestyle

I had custom content and MCC mods prior to downloading Echo Lifestyle.  

MCC mod was removed and was working fine prior to Echo Lifestyle.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 46 (4,707 Views)

Re: Group travel

Hero
@Mysteek220065 Is this the only family you have issues with ? For me they don't know anyone so I can't have anyone tag along but my family was able to select the up to 7.

Did you increase your household size with MCCC ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 46 (4,693 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

No not this family.

Message 3 of 46 (4,673 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

The families I play in Evergreen only have one or two Sims per household.  Sometimes I can travel with more than 2 and sometimes I can’t unless I restart the game.  I have tried repairing also.

Prior to installing Echo Lifestyle,  I had other households with more than 8 in another world.

Message 4 of 46 (4,670 Views)

Hero
@Mysteek220065 It's possible that the game still registers them as > 8 even if you remove the mod if you haven't played them. Did you increase the lot max with MCCC ? If you remove the mod, that will be gone.

So maybe try installing updated MCCC and try if it then works ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 46 (4,652 Views)

Hero
@Mysteek220065 Are you still having issues with this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 46 (4,610 Views)

selecting multiple Sims to travel does not work

★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All Packs unless Pets Accessoires
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? with trying to travel with other Sims over the Phone
What happens when the bug occurs? i cannot select more than one other Sim next to me to travel somewhere
What do you expect to see? i can select up to (i think 8 Sims max.) as it was before
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. not sure (guess the latest patch)

i mentioned this happens when i travel with a pet. but happend also one time when no pet was selected to come with us.

Message 7 of 46 (4,631 Views)

Re: selecting multiple Sims to travel does not work

Hero
@EmeraldLaura I merged your thread with another report on this.

It's been working fine for me so not sure what's going on.

Have you been using oversized households in your game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 46 (4,600 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@crinrictno my household is one Sim and a Cat. Also traveling with less Sims was not possible like two friends.

Edit: i never used MCCC or any mods that influence household sizes. This one where it occurs has been one Sim plus a Cat from the start. Generally i dont play with scriptmods, only have some furniture CC but it happens after removing them though.

Message 9 of 46 (4,592 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Would you mind sending me your save ? Instructions in my signature

EDIT

@EmeraldLaura That's the result of travelling with m to another lot. Still can select 7 other Sims. Trying phone and vacation

06-24-20_4-50-53 PM.png

EDIT EDIT: Vacation and by phone worked as well.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 46 (4,549 Views)