Can't invite more than one household Sim out

by CptnVanderbeam

Original Post

Re: Can't travel with multiple sims

★★★ Newbie

This has started happening to me as well. Only started playing the Eco Life a Yesterday.

Before installing the expansions (Eco life and Get famous) I was able to travel with at least 3 Sims with no issues.

After expansions I can only select 2 Sims. When grouping my household (4) so they are all selected, the travel button is greyed out with a tooltip "Too many Sims selected"

Message 21 of 46 (2,803 Views)

EA Staff

Hello.

If anyone is still seeing the issue (without mods) and are willing to share save files, instructions are here:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 22 of 46 (2,759 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I started to have this issue recently as well. I have all the packs without any mods/CC.

I can only invite one Sim to come with me. 

However, the work around is to get to the destination then call other sims from the same household over.

Message 23 of 46 (2,640 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Can't travel with more than 2 Sims

★★ Novice

I don't have an answer, I also struggling with this problem. But for me it's only when I use the cell phone to travel.

A way to sort of get around it is scrolling (on PC) all the way out or clicking the road and use travel from that. Then pick the location you want to go to, and the "choose other sims" will come up. 

In my experience, I can pick more than one sim to travel with. Hope this helps!

Message 24 of 46 (2,581 Views)

EA Staff

Hello @VaperwaveBiscut @funnyhamtaro 

We tried reproducing this issue on our end but we are unable to,

If you guys are still encountering this (without mods), would you be willing to share your save file(s)?

If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file.

Instructions here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 25 of 46 (2,511 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I don't have that issue anymore.

The fix seems to be close the game and reopen it again.

I'll let you know if I can find the repro steps again.

Message 26 of 46 (2,499 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

This happens in my game occasionally. The last time was last night (01.06.21) in a three sim household. I could not travel with the both parents and the child. Bringing the remaining parent to the location after the initial travel worked without problem. I have no mods or cc in my game. I looked at your instructions link, which file in that folder to send? 

Message 27 of 46 (2,471 Views)
Highlighted

Can't invite more than one household Sim out

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.76.81.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Star Wars and Kits
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a house with 3+ Sims in it (or many friends)
What happens when the bug occurs? I can't invite more than one Sim anywhere at a time
What do you expect to see? Generally, you can invite up to a full household (up to 7 Sims)
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After installing Dream Home Decorator

After picking up and installing the Dream Home Decorator pack, I started noticing I couldn't invite more than one Sim anywhere at a time (to a festival, to another house, on vacation, to a park, ANYWHERE). I dismissed the notion for a while, thinking it was a fluke (and forgot about it when I only had a two-Sim household), but now I've realized it is a 100% reoccurring issue. It's happened over three different worlds. 

I couldn't find any other reports of this issue, but since I don't run mods and already tried re-validating my files, I'm not sure why it would only be affecting me. 

Message 28 of 46 (2,422 Views)

Re: Can't invite more than one household Sim out

Hero
@CptnVanderbeam I merged your post with the main thread.

Please send your save to EA as asked here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-Can-t-travel-with-more-than-2-Sims/m-p/10051434#M1...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 29 of 46 (2,397 Views)

Re: Can't invite more than one household Sim out

Hero

I have had this happen a number of times in my main save.  Everything is fine and then it shows up out of the blue.

But I have found a way to deal with it.  Other posters in this thread have said that shutting down the game and restarting it will fix it.  I found that if I do that it does not work some of the time and it will show up again fairly soon after the restart.  However, if I delete the localthumbcache file before I restart, the issue goes away every time.  But it does show up again later at some point.  It might be sim days or weeks though.  Not consistent at all.

I have found a work around that I use if I don't want to shut down and restart when it happens.  What I do is travel with the 2 sims that the game will let me travel with.  When I reach wherever it is I'm going, then I click on the little arrow on the greyed out sim portraits at the bottom and bring them to the location one at the time and when I go home, I do it again to get everybody home.  This works for normal travel but it won't work for going on vacations.  For those, I have to shut down, delete the cache file and restart.

I have noticed that when the issue shows up, it is always after I've traveled to somewhere with part of a household and left others behind on the home lot.  Where I travel to with the small group doesn't seem to make a difference whether it happens or not.  And it seems to happen more when I travel to more than a single place before I return to the home lot with the small group.  When it does, it is always the next time I try to travel with more than 2 sims though.  I'm still trying to determine if it happens if any of the left behind sims were off the lot at the time I traveled with the small group like at work or school or at something like the sim challenge where their portraits were greyed out when my traveling sims left the lot.  Seems to be hit and miss on that.

Hope this helps.

Message 30 of 46 (2,354 Views)