[NEEDS SAVES] Can't place my gravestone from household inventory

by tealetta

Original Post

Gravestones Disappearing when Placed

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.146.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Most
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Put gravestones in your inventory
What happens when the bug occurs? I had moved all my gravestones from my Legacy File into my household inventory and when I tried to place them back onto my lot, some of them disappear when i place them. This is happening for three of my Human Sims and all of my Pets. Not sure if it happens for occult as I do not have any. This is a bummer because I have a lot of grave markers from this family and do not want to lose them. For now I just have to keep them there. When i put them all away, they grouped in two different stacks, and one of the stacks will not place any gravestones. Not sure if they glitched out and I have to just delete them and forget it, or what
What do you expect to see? I want them to be placed and stay visible.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

none

Message 31 of 37 (1,092 Views)

Urns disappears when placed.

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.80.69.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Snowy Escape Eco lifestyle Discover university Island living Get famous Seasons Cottage Living Dream home decorator Batuu Realm of magic Jungle adventure Parenthood Spa day Tiny living Fitness Vintage glamour Romantic garden Perfect patio Luxury party
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Move your household to another lot, then place a tombstone from your household storage.
What happens when the bug occurs? The tombstone disappears from the lot entirely, as well as from your household storage.
What do you expect to see? The tombstone to be placed where I've placed it.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

It's super annoying cuz it takes that extra walking time to make the food. Also when they leave the kitchen and prepares the food somewhere else to still end up going back to the 

Message 32 of 37 (1,025 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Can't place my gravestone from household inventory

Community Manager (retired)

For anyone still seeing this issue, could you possibly share a save file where you've seen it occur? You can DM me the link to your save, thanks so much!

Instructions for sharing your save: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 33 of 37 (931 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Can't place my gravestone from household inventory

★★★ Newbie

I also have this problem. I play on PS5 and have Cottage Living, Discover University, Island Living, Seasons, Get Famous, Dream Home Decorator, Parenthood, Vampires, Paranormal, Laundry Day, Backyard stuff, Toddler stuff, Nifty Knitting, and Movie Hangout. Although, I had this issue before I installed Dream Home Decorator, Paranormal, and Backyard Stuff. My graves are from my dead children (I'm doing 100 baby) and I don't want to risk losing their graves. 

Message 34 of 37 (854 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Can't place my gravestone from household inventory

★★★ Novice
@nrdhrdwilson it kept happening to me too so I pressed undo to keep the urn in the family inventory. Later I tried again to place it on a coffee table the I saw it, it clips under ground! So befor placing it press the 9 key to elevate it, it'll pop in the air, then you can just pick it up as normal and place it anywhere. 😉
Message 35 of 37 (815 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@CharityCodes You're the only one who actually solved my problem omg. Thank you SSSOOO MUCH!!!!
Message 36 of 37 (736 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@CharityCodes Thank you!!!
It does pop up after I go back into live mode, I just had never actually hit 'play' **face palm**
Message 37 of 37 (679 Views)