by majameow

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] Can’t move around with arrows

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.85.203.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All eps, game packs, stuff packs and kits.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to move the camera around with the left and right arrow keys. Nothing happens.
What happens when the bug occurs? Nothing happens. Those arrow keys will work if your in Tab Mode but not in regular camera mode.
What do you expect to see? Arrow keys working
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The 2nd Stories Update. 1.85

Hey!

First of all thank you for a great game. I have loved The sims since I was eight years old (am now 30).

I’ve just updated my base pack with the new Neighborhood Stories, and after that I can not move around the screen with the arrow keys, but only with the help of the mouse pointer or WASD.

Hope you can fix it soon. Thanks for the help and have a nice day! 

Sincerely /Maja Johnsson

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 42 (6,131 Views)

Re: Can’t move around with arrows

Hi @majameow I had that problem with new saves after the update (tried starting a save a couple of times to play a new scenario).

Exiting the game and restarting the game fixed it for me.

Does that fix it for you?

Message 2 of 42 (6,056 Views)

Re: Can’t move around with arrows

Hero
@majameow If restarting doesn't work, try a game repair. That seems to have helped other people with this issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 42 (6,016 Views)

I can't use the left right arrow keys to adjust camera

★★★ Novice

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything but the kits and the new Wedding Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Load up your save and try moving the camera with the arrow keys instead of the wasd keys it will move up and down but not left to right or right to left
What happens when the bug occurs? Nothing happens that is the point. Something should happen and its not
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the camera pan across the screen
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The patch you just released on the 15th or 16th of March 2022

With the latest big update on the 15th or 16th of March, the update disabled my ability to use the arrow keys. Not all of them. I can still use them to move my screen up and down but not left to right. I never got the hang of using the WADS keys.  I would appreciate someone telling me how to fix it (I checked the options and that was a no-go.) I hope it isn't something that I can't fix or that you can't fix and update quickly. It is most likely going to stop me from playing if I can't figure it out. 

Message 4 of 42 (6,031 Views)

Re: I can't use the left right arrow keys to adjust camera

★★★★ Pro

Try repairing your game in Origin. I’ve heard that’s helped a couple people with this issue. 

Best regards,

Jennifer

Message 5 of 42 (5,986 Views)

Re: I can't use the left right arrow keys to adjust camera

Hero
@ember1991 I merged your post with the existing thread on this.

Please try suggestion above.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 42 (5,962 Views)

[PC]Since Latest Update Right and Left Arrow Keys won't work on Keyboard

★★ Guide

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All eps,gamepacks,stuffpacks and kits.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to move the camera around with the left and right arrow keys. Nothing happens.
What happens when the bug occurs? Nothing happens. Those arrow keys will work if your in Tab Mode but not in regular camera mode.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see this fixed.
Please describe the patch or change you made. The 2nd Stories Update. 1.85

I did a poll on Twitter and 60% of simmers are having this issue. This may also be happening on consoles. I haven't tested that yet version yet. I am told that restarting the game fixes this but this shouldn't be happening in the first place.

https://twitter.com/catloverplayer/status/1504045893074534401?s=20&t=sxDMaqWod0QeLRYwu9ebtQ

https://twitter.com/Alea_Starym/status/1504415224803123201?s=20&t=sxDMaqWod0QeLRYwu9ebtQ

https://twitter.com/Pamtastic72/status/1504475740317704197?s=20&t=sxDMaqWod0QeLRYwu9ebtQ

https://twitter.com/NateTheL0ser/status/1504468020768481280?s=20&t=sxDMaqWod0QeLRYwu9ebtQ

Message 7 of 42 (5,961 Views)

Re: [PC]Since Latest Update Right and Left Arrow Keys won't work on Keyboard

Hi @catloverplayer I had this problem when starting a new save since update. Exiting the game and restarting it fixed the problem. Does that fix it for you?

Message 8 of 42 (5,894 Views)

★★ Guide
@mightyspritesims I haven't tried restarting yet as I haven't played since it happen cause of time constraints but for me it happened in an old save.
Message 9 of 42 (5,882 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@catloverplayer I merged your post with the main thread. Game repair seems to have helped most people with this issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 42 (5,823 Views)