Re: Can't enter house normally

by crinrict

Original Post

Hero

Since you're not the only one with this issue, it does seem there's some kind of bug but I haven't had a chance to test if I can trigger it,

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 20 (4,033 Views)

Hero

I've added for now but still on my testing plate.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 20 (3,997 Views)

Cannot enter my home

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Sims 4 only
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I have no idea
What happens when the bug occurs? I cannot enter my home. I can see the furniture in it. When I cam in the house, no furniture shows. It's like I don't live there.
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to walk in my home
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I just got the game online and installed online this weekend.  I have tried to find the "resetsim"  It does now show on my computer..  When I press all the buttons.  a white line shows up at the top left of my monitor but leaves when I take my fingers of shift crtl c

Message 13 of 20 (4,091 Views)

Re: Cannot enter my home

[ Edited ]
Hero

HI @TeraKaye55

Did you have a sleep over ? Could this be your issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-TEST-WORKAROUND-Can-t-enter-house-normally/td-p/6537813/jum...

You need to type in the cheat console. If you press ctl-shift-c once, it shows up, when you press that again, it disappears.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 14 of 20 (4,068 Views)

★ Novice

Hello.. thank you for your response..  upon trying to get in my house.. I did find out.. If I went to visit a neighbor..  and when I went back home.. it worked  

Message 15 of 20 (3,952 Views)

Hero
@TeraKaye55 Sounds like the same issue then. Merged your post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 16 of 20 (3,942 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi, all!

I wanted to add on my issue that was solved with this in case someone else runs into this problem, too, because I couldn't find a post with my specific problem.

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Sometimes
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to Work, Animal Hats, Life of the Party, Holiday Celebration, Up All Night, City Living, Seasons, Spa Day, Vampires, Fitness, and Movie Hangouts.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? This bug happens randomly and sometimes only affects some items, while others it affects the whole home.
What happens when the bug occurs? I can see my Sims, my home's walls and bare windows, interiors and exteriors, as well as all floors, but some or all of my furniture will be invisible. It cannot be clicked on, seen, and it even affects the wallpapers and flooring. Foundation items remain. Exiting the game does not fix it, nor does entering build mode. I can see all items and do all building in build mode.
What do you expect to see? I should be seeing the home I just finished customising in build mode. That is usually when it starts, but not always.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? cas.fulleditmode to change the Sims gender two life stages ago. Have exited and played many times since running it and only changed that one feature.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure

But the solution listed above works for this issue. I simply took my household on a trip to the nearby lounge and straight back to their apartment and all of their items were visible and usable. Just wanted to throw it out there in case anyone else is stumped!

Message 17 of 20 (3,681 Views)

Re: [WORKAROUND] Can't enter house normally

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

I'm just seeing this now but I've also experienced the problem. What triggered it for me was when a guest was over and done something inappropriate three times resulting in them getting kicked out, after the kick out this issue happened. This happened to me a long time ago.

Message 18 of 20 (3,293 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Post marked as Solution for Visibility Purposes Only

If anyone is still seeing this, could you possibly share a save file? Feel free to DM the link to me, thanks for the help!

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

Edited by EA_Mai: see this post by crinrict for a possible workaround. If you are willing to share your save with us, we would ask you to do that before trying the workaround.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 19 of 20 (14,668 Views)

★ Guide
@arlandroid I’ve also experienced this issue multiple times on PS4, the first time being after I renovated the Umbrage Manor lot in Willow Creek. The family afterward wouldn’t recognize the lot as their own & spawned outside around the neighborhood instead. I’ve used the workaround of traveling from & back to the lot while playing as the household who lives there to rectify it.
Message 20 of 20 (2,677 Views)