Re: [OPEN] Can’t delete/select walls or add wallpaper

by SheriGR

Original Post

Re: [FIXED] Can't delete wall

★ Novice

I had the same issue recently, and I got rid of the walls by getting rid of counters in front of it. I have no idea why, maybe it had something to do with the counters because a message popped up saying "item is locked, view locked items in build mode" as well as "wall does not exist" and in the same house I had an issue where I removed a hallway door and the wall had a blank spot on it. Could not get it to work! Teeth bared 

-New simmer b000p (just a player)Star

Message 31 of 41 (1,460 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@b000p  If any of the issues still exist, can you please let us know what they are or refer to the comment # here and provide the following info...

• Is it a house that came with the game, one you downloaded from the gallery, or one you made?
  • Which lot is it on?
  • Can you include a screenshot of the issue/error?
  • Can you share your lot to the gallery and give us the exact name of the lot, and your name there if it's different, so we can test in our games?
  • Do you have Mods or Custom Content?
SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 32 of 41 (1,396 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

If anyone has a save file where they're experiencing this issue it'd be great if you could share with me to help us investigate. Feel free to DM me the link to the save. Thanks so much!

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 33 of 41 (1,336 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I made an account to send you some screen shots of this and a save file but I can't DM you. I get an access denied page when I try to send a message and when I go on your profile I there's a "contact me" tab but it doesn't actually have a way of contacting you, just of adding you as a friend and seeing that you're online

edit: not sure what was happening last night but I tried again today and was allowed to DM you so I've sent the save file. 

Message 34 of 41 (1,305 Views)

★★ Novice

This is now happening to me too!
I also have all expansions, game packs and stuff packs.
My fences are also disappearing and glitching out where its like they are not there, but like the 4ths fence post will show and the rest are invisible and unclickable. 
With the walls if you go to use a grab mode tool, design change or bulldoze tool it goes straight through the walls and only selects the floor tile behind it!
Happening on all lots randomly, i cannot figure out the cause.

Message 35 of 41 (1,252 Views)
Highlighted

Champion

@Beckiieanne Did you provide @SimGuruNick a save file of your game? Please refer to his comment above, Comment #33 - it should open at this link: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Can-t-delete-select-walls-or-add-wallpaper/m-p/9153481#M1... . Thanks!!

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 36 of 41 (1,220 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I get this problem on the ps4. every time I edit zenview apart. If I leave the lot and come back no walls can be added deleted or moved. It's like all walls are part of the raw building shell. This problem started when I downloaded the sulani island and university living packs. This even happens when using saved rooms that had no problems before this addon.

Message 37 of 41 (1,155 Views)

Can not Remove/Add walls anymore (Sudden and has not resolved itself)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1210
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs Strangerville, jungle adventure, parenthood, done out, Outdoor retreat Tiny living, Moschino, my first pet stuff, laundry day, toddler stuff, fitness stuff, bowling, vintage glamour, backyard stuff, kids room stuff, romantic garden and perfect patio.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By entering build mode.
What happens when the bug occurs? Anytime I go into build mode, whether or not it is from manage worlds or game mode, if I try do edit any walls in my apartment that I previously put in. (The interior walls, I am aware I cannot remove exterior walls) it just says ‘cannot remove fixed objects’ !Only I’m VIII Landgraab Apartment! (All of a sudden, worked before) !
What do you expect to see? The ability to add and remove walls in build mode, as I used to.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I have done some research, and removed mods and cache things from my sims 4 folder, restarted my game and computer but nothing has worked. This bug is making it so I cannot play the game normally so any help would be appreciated!!

Message 38 of 41 (1,168 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Can’t delete/select walls or add wallpaper

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4

PlatformPC

Which language are you playing the game in? English

How often does the bug occur? 100%

What is your current game version number? 1.85.203.1030

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Luxury Party, Vintage Glamour, Spooky Stuff, Laundry Day, Paranormal, Get To Work, Seasons, Get Famous, Cottage Living, Dine Out, Vampires, Strangerville, Realm Of Magic.

Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Unsure. I suspect this is isolated to myself only.

What happens when the bug occurs? It refuses to allow me to delete a few walls.

What do you expect to see? My walls able to be deleted.

Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.

Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No.

Please describe the patch or change you made: Unsure.

This house I started a few weeks ago, but did not finish. I came back to it today to complete it's construction. I wanted to move one of the walls I had already placed. See picture for wall reference. The two circled walls refuse to delete or acknowledge, and that red message appears as well as 'Nothing to Delete'. Other than scrapping the whole house and starting over (which I am reluctant to do), can this be fixed?

Message 39 of 41 (849 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Can’t delete/select walls or add wallpaper

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@Shebalba64205 Do you have this house saved in your library? If you do, try bulldozing the lot and replacing it and then moving the walls.

I've seen this glitch before, but it was a very long time ago and it's like the walls aren't really there. When I had it, bulldozing the lot and putting the down the library copy worked it out.

And I'd send the save with this lot in it to SimGuru Nick using the instructions in his post.

Message 40 of 41 (838 Views)