Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Can’t delete/select walls or add wallpaper

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Highlighted

We've merged a bunch of threads reporting this issue together. It would be good to try and come up with the steps leading to this.

For those experiencing it:

1. Is your issue affecting just walls, just wallpapers or both?
  2. Which specific lots is this happening on? Could you list them?
  3. When it happens is there anything unusual about the appearance of the lot in the map view? Is it a slightly different colour to the rest of the lots or just looks a bit off?
  4. Can you remember what you were specifically doing before it happened? Was there a sim on the lot or were you just building? Had you just flicked from live mode into build mode? Had you been using a specific build tool at the time?
  5. Are you using any Mods that may alter the behaviour of the Maxis build tools or add additional functionality?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 21 of 41 (2,133 Views)

★★ Novice
  1. Is your issue affecting just walls, just wallpapers or both? Both. It's like the wall isn't even there. I can see it but can't interact with it in any way.
  2. Which specific lots is this happening on? Could you list them? For sure Granite Falls 50x50. I don't remember the other ones, but they were residential lots in regular worlds.
  3. When it happens is there anything unusual about the appearance of the lot in the map view? Is it a slightly different colour to the rest of the lots or just looks a bit off? No difference.
  4. Can you remember what you were specifically doing before it happened? Was there a sim on the lot or were you just building? Had you just flicked from live mode into build mode? Had you been using a specific build tool at the time? I was building. I didn't enter live mode and there wasn't a sim on the lot. I was just in the middle of placing and rearranging objects.
  5. Are you using any Mods that may alter the behaviour of the Maxis build tools or add additional functionality? no.
Message 22 of 41 (2,114 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
  1. Can't add wallpaper or delete walls. I can select the room and move it for some reason.  
  2. I can't remember which ones, I think I had it on multiple lots
  3. Not that I noticed, will keep an eye out if it happens next time
  4. Can't remember. Will edit this if it happens again and I'll try to pay close attention 
  5. No mods or cc at all, never have

Not very much of help yet, sorry.  

Message 23 of 41 (2,111 Views)

★★★ Novice

It's affecting all wall painting options including wallpaper, tiles, etc.
I'm having this problem on 20 culpepper house
Doesn't appear any different on the map, looks normal
I had just loaded into my save file and wanted to update my childs bedroom from toddler to child
I wasn't using any mods that affected building at the time, and I removed all mods anyway to see if it was causing a problem

just to note, it's only affecting certain portions of the apartment, not the apartment as a whole, im also having problem laying the floor down with it saying the same thing "cannot place due to fixed object"

Message 24 of 41 (2,018 Views)

@TheQuirkyPirate

Could that be because of the window as it's an apartment and you can't change them?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 25 of 41 (1,983 Views)

★ Novice
@TheQuirkyPirate I have the same issue since today Frown
Message 26 of 41 (1,961 Views)

★ Novice

I'm having this issue (walls are unselectable, unpaintable)when loading fresh into the game, I have zero expansions, packs or mods (never have) and it seems it only began happening after the house I'm working on got fairly large and complicated. I'm not sure if I have placed "too many"walls or what. There are also quite a lot of shrubs on my lot. But it seems to me the game should know how to manage these resources and warn us or prevent us from placing too many objects.

Another key that this is happening is that windows can be placed but ONLY at the very lowest point, trying to move them up the wall will instead move them through the wall.

I'm playing on one of the 40x30 lots in Newcrest, Avarice Acres, I have never activated or used cheats and again I have 0 expansions (I'm a cheapskate, what can I say?) and have never used mods.

Attached is a picture of my house (for scale) with the issue occurring

I am on the latest version of win 10, latest graphics drivers and latest version of the Sims.

I have a Ryzen 5 1600X, 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX 2060

Message 27 of 41 (1,821 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice
  • Is your issue affecting just walls, just wallpapers or both? :Both. Occasionally glitches out and I can't select walls or use wallpaper like they just don't exist
  • Which specific lots is this happening on? Could you list them?: it's random and not constant
  • When it happens is there anything unusual about the appearance of the lot in the map view? Is it a slightly different colour to the rest of the lots or just looks a bit off?: Nothing unusual
  • Can you remember what you were specifically doing before it happened? Was there a sim on the lot or were you just building? Had you just flicked from live mode into build mode? Had you been using a specific build tool at the time?: I was changing fences and colors I think. Then I tried to use eye dropper tool on a wallpaper, and it acted like there was nothing there. I was only building on an empty lot I wasn't using any household, but it happened previously when i was building on an inhabited lot too.
  • Are you using any Mods that may alter the behaviour of the Maxis build tools or add additional functionality? I am using a beds mod to give them all the same energy, and a fridge/stove mod for making all consumable the same quality.
Message 28 of 41 (1,737 Views)

Error in Building Mode, Sims 4, Can't Paint or objects high on the walls

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? none
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? no idea
What happens when the bug occurs? I've been working on building a new house, but i can't paint the walls, when i click on the option to, it constantly says there is "nothing to change", also, when i have tried to put windows, lights, smoke detectors, and various other items, it will not let me but them any higher than the lowest option, for example my windows and lights are on the bottom level of the wall
What do you expect to see? this fixed or my money back
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Need this fixed or my money back, i can't paint, customize my house, i have been trying to restart and start the game back up but that does not seem to do the trick, please help as soon as possible, i understand the corona virus is present and may delay any bug fixes and things, but i have a remarkable laptop that i play on so i figured this must be the game faults, get back to me on here or contact me at my Gmail @[edit: email address removed] thank you and have a good day.

Message 29 of 41 (1,717 Views)

Re: Error in Building Mode, Sims 4, Can't Paint or objects high on the walls

Hero
@Guero187fromtheE Is this what you're seeing: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Can-t-delete-select-walls-or-add-wallpaper/m-p/847... ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 30 of 41 (1,694 Views)