[NEEDS SAVES] Can't clean dishes cause of missing trash can (there is one)

by RenasaiHaru

Original Post

Re: grayed out options to throw things away

★★★★ Guide

it says there is no bin or garbage ton avaliable, even though it is (and not overfilled of course).

i kept changing the bins positions all over the lot and it did not work.

it also happens without mods and after i repaired the game, deleted chache files and others and so on... the standard procedure

Message 21 of 45 (846 Views)

Hero
@EmeraldLaura OK, yeah, that's a known one. EA is still looking for saves on this one

Would you mind sending yours ?

I merged your thread

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 45 (815 Views)

★★★★ Guide

thanks for your help crinrict, and unfortunately i deleted my EL Save so i have no saves to share... i am sorry

Message 23 of 45 (808 Views)

Hero
@EmeraldLaura That's fine. Just come back if it happens again

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 24 of 45 (805 Views)

Re: I Have A Trash Can, But Objects I Have To Clean Say I Still Need One

★★★ Newbie

Has this been remedied? I’ve only been playing about a week. My sims were fine last night, woke up this morning to a huge mess and “no trash can”. I have two outdoor trash cans and both are unrecognized. I’ve move to inventory and back, sold and rebought, bought new, bought the nano can for inside....still nothing. I have dog hair everywhere. Help!!

Message 25 of 45 (759 Views)

Hero
@busybaby32 I merged this with the current bug report

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 26 of 45 (741 Views)

★★★ Guide

I'm having this error message of no trash can/sink available going on. It happens less than 25% of the times I try to clean dishes but it's still there.

On mac, no mods/cc, patched as in 9/1/21.

Message 27 of 45 (715 Views)

Hero
@adduapina EA QA is still looking for saves for this one. If you could send yours, that'd be great.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 28 of 45 (694 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Can't clean dishes cause of missing trash can (there is one)

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: MAC 
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? 100%
What is your current game version number? v1.18
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except paranormal 
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to throw something in the trash with trash cans on the lot.
What happens when the bug occurs? Game will say a trash can is required to throw something away when there are one or more trash cans on the active lot. Sometimes it works just fine and sometimes it won't allow me to clean up. So it isn't the position of the trash can. It isn't the position of the trash either because they can interact with it in other ways.
What do you expect to see? The game should recognize when there's at least one trash on on a lot so that sims can clean up.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes 
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Not sure 

Message 29 of 45 (602 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Can't clean dishes cause of missing trash can (there is one)

★★★★ Expert

I get this inconsistently. I usually click it repeatedly and after a while it realizes that I do, in fact, have a trash can. I have the nanocan after the bug where outdoor bins were no longer endless and if you didn’t have EL you couldn’t ever set them otherwise, so rather than endlessly selling full trash cans and buying new I just bought nanocans for every household I play.

I digress. I thought it just didn’t recognize my nanocan.

Message 30 of 45 (591 Views)