Unable to clean or throwaway dishes after meals

by kaelidria

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Can't clean dishes cause of missing trash can (there is one)

★ Guide

Can confirm this happens on mac. For me a lot of the time when this happens, the sims are on a different floor level or are between levels (the sim is upstairs/in basement when dishes are on the middle/different level)

Message 31 of 45 (1,558 Views)

Unable to clean or throwaway dishes after meals

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.81.72.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have all expansions, game packs, stuff packs, and kits EXCEPT Fashion Street Kit and Incheon Arrivals Kit.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have your sims eat a meal then try to clean the dishes. For example, a separate dining room or the living room.
What happens when the bug occurs? After the sims eat, the dish will be left. When I go to click on the dish, there is no clean option and the "Throw Away" option is grayed out, saying that there isn't a sink or trash can available (and there are both in the kitchen a room away).
What do you expect to see? I expect a "Clean up" choice that allows my sims to clean the dishes or for the "Throw Away" choice to work, even when in another room from the sink/trash can, if one is on the lot.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It appeared after downloading the Blooming Rooms Kit.

I haven't had mods or CC in a long time (completely uninstalled) and this started just today after purchasing and installing the Blooming Rooms Kit. There are a couple other weird bugs, too (not being able to take piles of trash from another room because it says there is no trash can, eg.). Thank you!

Message 32 of 45 (1,527 Views)

Re: Unable to clean or throwaway dishes after meals

Hero
@kaelidria I merged your post with the existing report on this.

Could you send your save to EA as asked here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-Can-t-clean-dishes-cause-of-missing-trash-can-ther... ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 33 of 45 (1,467 Views)

EA Staff
Hello @kaelidria,

If you are still encountering this (without mods), would you be willing to share your save file(s)?

If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file.

Instructions here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 34 of 45 (1,407 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@SimGuruRitzy Hi, i’m having this problem too (honestly my game is riddled with bugs atm). do you need more saves still? any update on whether EA is working on this and other bugs?

Edit: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pBAPM1aMWFZ14VshPKXM8GfXrfrjUYqv/view?usp=sharing

Here is the link to my save file. Don't know if anyone is still following this thread but just sending my save anyway.

(merged post) - Atic 

Message 35 of 45 (1,324 Views)

★ Apprentice

Just an update, as I’ve noticed something I didn’t before with this bug.

Seems that when this happens, it happens to some sims in the household, while others still have the option to do the action. I can confirm that resetting the sim that doesn’t recognise the trash can seems to work right now for me. 

Message 36 of 45 (1,273 Views)

EA Staff
@HeLoves Thanks for sharing the save and your observation about the issue. Have forwarded the save to the team for further investigation.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 37 of 45 (1,260 Views)

★ Novice

Hey guys! I just happened to see this thread so thought I'd give my 2 cents. I, too, was having the same issue as everyone with game saying no trash can when trash cans were in nearly every room. In my case, I had downloaded a house from gallery & there was no outside big black trash can included with the lot. I of course didn't notice this for months & it drove me nuts with piles 'o crap everywhere! I don't know what caused it to be deleted from the lot, but once I added that outside by the street like usual, all was golden with trash disposal. So, it appears my indoor trash cans were actually all full & the trash couldn't be taken out to the outdoor bin. Anyway, figured someone out there might have an outside bin m.i.a., too, & thought it might help!

Message 38 of 45 (1,216 Views)

★★ Guide
@Theenaabeenaa Yes, this seems to be the cause for this in my save as well. If the sim is on a different level than the trash, trash can, sink, whatever is required are, it's greyed out. Moving to the same level makes it work just fine.
Message 39 of 45 (1,111 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I was also having this problem in a tiny home.  I found that once the trash can snapped to the grid it worked. If I moved it even a little with the alt key or move objects, they wouldn't detect it. This only happens in one house though. 

Message 40 of 45 (1,098 Views)