[FIXED] Can't Check replies for last postcard

by xoChelleJoxo

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Can't Check replies for last postcard

★ Novice

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xaLzZRb7c0Sc_VLy8hUXxyHeOcE9Eguk/view?usp=sharing

This is my save. I think I just need Dragon Valley to complete the collection, but when my Sim uses 'Find a Pen Pal', the 'Check for Pen Pal Replies' option doesn't come up

Message 51 of 58 (950 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Can't Check replies for last postcard

★★★★ Novice

I am also having this issue and stumbled across this thread in looking for answers.  I have a save where I cannot get the last postcard (Dragon Valley), but it has mods.  I tried this game and I'm down to the last two postcards and cannot get it to work.

My sim is using her computer to "Find a Pen Pal" but the "Check for replies" never shows up on the computer.  I will send the file in a private message.

Message 52 of 58 (878 Views)

FIND pen pal, Check replies not working

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hey everyone, since the update with the High School pack, I can no longer check for replies to finding a pen pal. I am literally 2 away from completing the post card collection which I need for a challenge I am working on. I am playing on PC and don't have any mods or CC. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

Product: The Sims 4

Platform: PC

Which language are you playing the game in? English

How often does the bug occur? Everytime

What is your current game version number? 

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All packs installed

Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Click on a  computer, select social>find pen pals. Once it pops notification that your request has been posted and to check back later for replies. No matter when you go back, the option to check for replies is not available, you can only hit find pen pals again

What happens when the bug occurs? See above

What do you expect to see? See Steps

Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? no

Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Happened after High School expansion pack was installed

Message 53 of 58 (1,232 Views)

Re: FIND pen pal, Check replies not working

[ Edited ]
Hero

Could you please edit your post and add the following info to your post.

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:
Which language are you playing the game in? 
How often does the bug occur? 
What is your current game version number? 
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? 
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 
What happens when the bug occurs? 
What do you expect to see? 
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods?
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? 

The bug template is currently working on/off but it helps if you are not prompted for the template while editing, please answer the questions anyways.

What happens if you try ? Do you not see the option ? Does it fail ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 54 of 58 (1,199 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@crinrict Hi there! I am also having this issue, I am only 1 post card away from a complete collection. I am on PC.
Message 55 of 58 (723 Views)

★ Novice

Same. I am missing the postcard from Appalosa Plains, and am still having the same issue, so I can't complete the challenge until this bug is fixed.

Message 56 of 58 (715 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@HBROWN-BIOS so frustrating, mine is the Isla Paradiso post card. I hope they fix the bug soon
Message 57 of 58 (713 Views)

Hero

The Check for Pen Pal Replies option will now display as intended.

Fixed in Patch 1.94.147/1.68

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 58 of 58 (2,935 Views)