[FIXED] Can't Check replies for last postcard

by xoChelleJoxo

Original Post

Re: Can not collect last postcard

★ Guide

This is old, but I also stimbled upon this while trying to complete the collections. For me it's Dragon Valley. Have all the others and then the option for checking for replies didn't show up anymore... did anyone find out how to fix this?

Message 41 of 58 (1,272 Views)

★★★★★ Pro
@A937113 It's still broken as far as I know. I have a couple Sims waiting to get their last postcard if it ever gets fixed.
Message 42 of 58 (1,249 Views)

★ Guide

I just continued playng and tried with another Sim and she got the missing postcard. She still also couldn't get all and missed another one. But this worked for me. Completed collection! Yay Standard smile

Message 43 of 58 (1,209 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Can't Check replies for last postcard

Community Manager (retired)

Could anyone experiencing this issue possibly share a save file where they've seen it occur, to help us investigate? Feel free to DM me the link to your save, thanks for the help!

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 44 of 58 (1,166 Views)

I have just encountered this bug in my game too.

My sim only needs 1 more postcard to complete the postcard collection but all of a sudden there is no 'check for penpal replies' option after he tries to find a new penpal. This means he cannot get any new penpals.

The other members of his household do still get the 'check for penpal replies' option after they choose to 'find a penpal' so hopefully I can still complete the collection but it is very annoying.

Message 45 of 58 (1,077 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Just came here to say that I've encountered this as well, twice.  Two different sims, two different save files, about a year apart.  One without any mods, and the newest one where I do use mods. I can have the sim Find a Pen Pal to try to get the last one I'm missing and even though the notification box says it's been posted, I can never check for replies, only Find A Pen Pal.  Different computers, moving, etc. changes nothing.

Message 46 of 58 (1,030 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have run in to this same error. Googling this shows threads as old as 2016. It would  be nice to see someone actually fix this since its been at least 5 years.

Message 47 of 58 (945 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

@shesheshere We've had trouble reproducing this issue, could you possibly share a save file with me where you've seen it occur? You can DM me the link to your save, thanks so much!

Instructions for sending me your save: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 48 of 58 (935 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Can't Check replies for last postcard

★★★★ Novice

I am unable to complete as well.  Very annoying while trying to do the not so berry challenge.

Message 49 of 58 (897 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Can't Check replies for last postcard

EA Sims Team

Hello.

If anyone is still experiencing this issue (without mods), we would like to collect more affected save files.

Instructions on how to send saves are here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

You can send the files via private message if you prefer.

Thank you.

Message 50 of 58 (773 Views)