Re: [COL] no mushrooms or forrageables in the bramblewood

by BLOOPsarah

Original Post

Wild plants not growing AT ALL since installing cottage living

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and dogs, cottage living, discover university, eco lifestyle, seasons, snowy escape
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Find wild plants
What happens when the bug occurs? No wild plants are growing at all even after weeks in the game. Watering does nothing.
What do you expect to see? Wild plants should grow after a day or two in game
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Uninstalling mods does not help.

Since I downloaded Cottage Living, no plants growing off my sims home lot will grow. I cannot harvest any wild plants, including all of the important ones key to finishing errands within the pack (mushrooms, blueberries, etc.).

Message 20 of 69 (3,402 Views)

Re: Wild plants not growing AT ALL since installing cottage living

★★ Apprentice

Happens in my game too. New family, new lot on an old save with no mods. I have all packs.

When I first moved in, Wild Raspberry in Old New Henford was grown, but had no fruit. It reverted to dirt pile the next day and never grows back. Wild Bluberry is fine and producing fruit daily.

In addition, normal crops on my lot planted into new crop patches randomly revert to dirt piles after harvest too. In Bramble Woods there was a Chocobery bush and a bluberry bush with a single berry each. Reverted to dirt after harvest and nothing else grows at all.

Message 21 of 69 (3,359 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@dolan1000 Is this for the neighborhoods your Sim lives at or other neighbor hoods ?  Is this for Henford only or generally ?

There's actually several thread for all worlds so I'm not sure if it works different for CoL

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Wild-plants-and-trees-not-maturing-or-producing-harvestables/m...

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-IL-Wild-plants-not-growing-in-Sulani/td-p/8018797

@Xarienne For dirt piles please use this thread and send your save to EA: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Plants-reverting-to-dirt-pile-after-fertilizing-Patch-1-76-81/...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 69 (3,300 Views)

★★ Apprentice

My sim lives in Henford. Plants do not grow in all neigbourhoods.

Message 23 of 69 (3,279 Views)

Hero
@Xarienne and you don't have the issue in other worlds ?

Which neighborhood does your Sim live in ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 24 of 69 (3,270 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@Xarienne Hello !
If you started your game in spring, neither blueberries nor raspberry are spring plants. They are summer and autumn ones, so you have to wait for the right season for them to grow and give fruits. All wild plants do that : first they grow whatever the season but without giving fruits, and then next day they withers if it's not the right season.
Message 25 of 69 (3,219 Views)

★★ Apprentice

It's Summer. I played with another household in that save before. It's my vanilla save that has never been loaded with any mods. 

Besides, raspberry bush was there when I first moved into the lot in New Old Henford, it just didn't have any berries. Next day I looked hoping that berries would grow, and the plant was a dirt pile. My peppers and beans on my own lot have reverted to dirt straight after the first harvest. The only plant that stays and works is blueberry - both on lot and off lot. Haven't managed to harvest any oversized crops yet.

In any case, my must have mods have been updated, so I am not going to test without mods anymore. Modded game works just fine. Good luck to vanilla players.

Message 26 of 69 (3,200 Views)

★★★ Guide

I'm in New Old Henford and there are a few mature wild plants around (in Fall) but they're not producing harvestables like they should be. Out of maybe half a dozen mature plants I've located, only one of them gives me harvestables at any given time. The ones on my lot are working fine other than the occasional 7am reset if I don't harvest them first. The season hasn't changed yet, so I don't know whether they'd be growing when an out-of-season plant becomes an in-season one.

Message 27 of 69 (3,138 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Strange mushrooms will appear around midnight if you arrive to the Bramblewood neighborhood a few hours earlier (I can remember at least 6 spawns). By the time my sim collected them all and went back to his home lot, it was too close to the Harvest time for his garden and so none of his plants were harvestable that day. It’s frustrating and unrealistic that harvests/spawns depend which neighborhood the controlled Sim is in and for how long.

Message 29 of 69 (10,216 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@kirstieisbored Does the chocoberry ever get to harvestables ?

There's a more general thread here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Wild-plants-not-growing-AT-ALL-since-installing-cottage-living... so if they also don't get to harvestables, it sounds like all the same.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 30 of 69 (10,201 Views)