by crinrict

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] [CL] Time Jumps in apartments

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything except Cool Kitchen, Spooky Stuff, Bowling Night, Toddler Stuff and Cats and Dogs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim live in a City Living apartment and have them sleep overnight.
What happens when the bug occurs? Between 1am-3pm, the time will stop for a few seconds and then shoot forward a few hours, usually past 4-5am. Also noticed it happening inconsistently and less often during the day while the only sim in household is at work.
What do you expect to see? Time flowing normally overnight without hitching.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Been a while since I've played Sims 4 and reported bugs. This was on the 7th November patch with a clean install and save of Sims 4 (turns out Origin hates when you move files to another hard drive and refuses to ever detect them again). I've also attached dxDiag.

It seems as if the game is making a large number of processes in a timeslot (probably culling), but oddly this rubber banding doesn't happen in a normal neighbourhood, only in apartments. Maximum sims is also set at the default 80.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 23 (8,711 Views)

Re: Time Rubber Banding

Hero

Could you update your graphics drivers ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 23 (8,590 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Done, however it still seems to be an issue. Sim got into bed and around 12:40am the time froze for a few seconds before shooting forward to 3:10am.

Message 3 of 23 (8,580 Views)

Hero

Could you take a video ?

You say it's just in apartments ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 23 (8,571 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

I managed to take a video where the issue occurs at an earlier time, but you should be able to see the time bounce all over the place.

I believe some of this bouncing around is normal because of all the sims outside the apartment in the streets, but the large skip in time is what I consider the issue, as it happens at early hours of the morning too.

https://youtu.be/KGKE7s_02q8

(Might take a short while before the video is completely processed. Roughly 10 minutes from posting this.)

Message 5 of 23 (8,565 Views)

Hero

Thanks

I'll test if I can duplicate this. I've added CL and apartments to the little for now as you said you only see it there. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 23 (8,554 Views)

Hero

I tested this and wasn't able to see it but then again, I never could with the time jumping issues.

I'll add for now

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 23 (8,534 Views)

Champion

It's nowhere near as bad as it used to be before the patch. Previously, I could be in ultra-speed, it would show 6am on the clock and when I hit normal speed it would revert to 3am and the sun would go back to night, etc.

Now, time seems to be smoother and go generally in a forward direction. When I hit normal speed from ultra speed, it will generally be the correct time. I do see a couple of hiccups in speed while in ultra speed in an apartment - usually at the beginning when ultra speed is about to kick in, the game has to eject all the NPC townies hanging around and cycle the food stalls to next day's layout around 2am. Once they are gone, smoother ultra speed begins until about 3.30am, where in Medina Studios in the apartment I play with the gnomes trait, it has to pop up a message saying they fixed all my stuff.

That's usually the only time where time jumps backwards for me - when the gnomes message is scheduled to appear. Mostly I consider it OK now and playable - I've never really expected fully smooth ultra speed when there's so much loading in and out in the background in apartment lots with all the city stuff happening in the back.

Message 8 of 23 (8,532 Views)

Hero

Added and changed title to make it less technical

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 23 (8,519 Views)

★★★★ Guide

It seems to also happen when sims are at work and the game is deciding whether or not an event should happen in the next hour or so (Usually at set times of the day). i.e. Keyholders coming to visit, festivals spawning in, phone notifications. etc.

Message 10 of 23 (8,510 Views)