Re: [OPEN] [CL] [S] GeekCon Computers constantly break in the rain

by SimGuruNick

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] [CL] [S] 100% Chance of Rain at GeekCon

★ Guide
Aha! I thought it was my bad luck.
As per my experience, if your sim family dwells in San Myshuno at a moment of GeekCon event, it is extremely unlikely to be raining at GeekCon.
Opposite - opposite. As soon as my family got moved to Forgotten Hollow, my next three GeekCon visits appeared to attract extremely bad weather.
Message 11 of 28 (1,965 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

The forecast isn't synced between worlds like it is between neighborhoods in the same world. Since festivals run in a 2-week cycle, you could visit the area within a week prior and look at the calendar for a forecast during the event. Note the festival itself doesn't appear in the calendar, so you'll have to look for the day it should land on.

Beyond that, this might be a topic for The official Bad Randomizer Complaining Thread.

Message 12 of 28 (1,957 Views)

Hero

I've merged this with the geekcon rain issue thread although yours is a bit different. Guess it just wouldn't matter as much if the stuff wouldn't break.

As @SDPhantomGamer  the bad randomizer thread would have been another option to merge

@sleekoduck87 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 28 (1,930 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Is this still happening for anyone? We've had trouble reproducing. If you're still seeing this, could you possibly share a save file? Thank you so much! 

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 14 of 28 (1,785 Views)

★★★ Guide

Noticed this yesterday, so it is still happening. Don't have a save file atm with the specific situation.

Message 15 of 28 (1,744 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I just got this today.  My Sim is supposed to participate in the Hackathon - but all the computers are broke because of the thunderstorm.

Here's the link to the zipped save file:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Q1_B4i29RJV8hxhJ_ajzwFZ8nlcrnZPs

I'm using a PC.

Thanks!

Message 16 of 28 (1,686 Views)

★★★ Guide

Since we have mermaids now, one solution could be to just always have a mermaid in your household and have them use their powers to change the weather for you when you go to GeekCon and its raining. Wondering

Message 17 of 28 (1,658 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

Yes, it's still happening. Saw it just last night on a Twitch stream.

Message 18 of 28 (1,645 Views)

Um, geekcon doesn't work too well in a thunderstorm

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.53.115.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Most except for Island Living, Laundry day, Toddler stuff and Pet stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? While it is kinda a bug, it's actually not, but it does raise an interesting point.
What happens when the bug occurs? None of the computers, game consoles or game mats work in the rain. So why have this event?
What do you expect to see? Not sure how to fill this in, maybe have the contests indoors?
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Like I said before, this really isn't a bug as all the stuff in game works as expected. My point is, why have an event that is going to fail? Sure, it's funny but why even bother? Every sims ran in to get out of the rain, and then the announcement came that the contests were starting. I'd like to see Penny Pizzazz win the hackathon now!

Just for fun, put a couple of desks inside Planet Honey Pop, as well as some game mats, and was able to complete the challenge of programming at the event but as these aren't linked to the actual event, you can't do the hackathon or the gaming challenge. I'm going to leave this stuff in Planet Honey Pop and hope it doesn't interfere too much with the karaoke but I'm interested to see if the computers and mats will link up next time there is an event.

As for mermaids, that will be a problem without the Island Living EP.

Message 19 of 28 (1,627 Views)

Re: Um, geekcon doesn't work too well in a thunderstorm

★★★ Guide

City Living (incl. festivals) came out before Seasons, so this seems to be a minor oversight when integrating weather into the game.

It's not a technical bug, so there is no obvious solution. But there are probably options to fix this, like never have a GeekCon on a rainy day or rain during a GeekCon, adding roofs to the venue (probably not feasible), or disabling the computer breaking in the rain during festivals.

Message 20 of 28 (1,556 Views)