by MarleyTheWizard

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] [CL] Myshuno Meadows is always empty

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.71.86.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All the existing packs except for Journey to Batuu.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to Myshuno Meadows.
What happens when the bug occurs? Whenever I go to Myshuno Meadows, there are no sims on the lot, even if I wait for them to show up. They spawn in the area around the Central Park, but the lot itself is always empty. Nobody goes up the stairs that lead to the lot.
What do you expect to see? I expect sims to show up on the lot itself and interact with the objects that are placed there.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Sims never spawn in Myshuno Meadows - they show up only in the area around the lot. Sims who are spawned around the lot never go up the stairs to get to the lot itself. Basically, Myshuno Meadows is always empty and it just makes the lot useless.

P.S. The bug has always been there, but nobody paid attention to it. For example, Julian aka Iron Seagull - who is a Game Changer - made a tweet about the issue back in November, 2017. There are also posts on Reddit mentioning the bug.Empty Central Park.jpg

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 8 (3,121 Views)

Re: [CL] Myshuno Meadows is always empty

Hero
@ImKersha Do the special lots in Windenburg have visitors if there's nothing going on ? I'm not sure I've ever seen anyone on special lots. I think they are a bit like generic lots that don't get visitors.

There is probably a thread somewhere here but I can't remember if that's design or not

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (3,073 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@crinrict I just checked the Chalet Gardens in Windenburg - yes, there are visitors on the lot when nothing is going on.
P.S. I started a new save for this and immediately sent my sim to the gardens.chalet gardens.jpgchalet gardens 2.jpg

Edit: Tagged the interlocutor.

Message 3 of 8 (3,066 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Guide

I have had one or two sims enter this lot and gone upstairs to read, but it's rare and it has happened when I made my sim stay there almost all day and night to abuse borrow the bathroom, kitchen, and easel 

Message 4 of 8 (2,990 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

This is happened in my game too. I downloaded the most beautiful park you can imagine, and no one used it! So silly.. I think it's a bug.

I changed the lot type to "park" (I used a mod), and sims started spawning immediately! So I guess that's a fix for now.

I don't know if it's allowed to share mods in this forum, if it isn't I will edit and delete. The mod I'm using is: https://zerbu.tumblr.com/post/160347810775/the-sims-4-mod-venue-changes

Message 5 of 8 (2,855 Views)

★ Pro

I recall when CL was released that this lot was referred to as a wedding venue, which is what I use it for. I've always figured that they don't have sims go there since simmers probably would have been unhappy with a lot of wedding party crashers. With a max number of sims allowed on a lot, it could interfere with how many sims could easily be invited to attend a wedding ceremony as well.

Bottom line for me is I think this probably falls under by design, although I could be wrong.

Message 6 of 8 (2,828 Views)

EA Staff

Hello All,

If anyone of you are still encountering this (without mods), would you be willing to share your save file(s)?

If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file.

Instructions here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 7 of 8 (2,373 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [CL] Myshuno Meadows is always empty

★★★ Apprentice

It's been two years since the bug was reported here, but as mentioned in the post, the bug is VERY OLD. Please we need Myshuno Meadows to be finally allowed for visitors because this big of a lot is basically useless. We can't change the lot type to something else so no sims ever spawn there. I also didn't get why it says "Need saves" when the bug occurs in all saves on all platforms, like it's not something that's hard to reproduce. It's there always.

Message 8 of 8 (1,447 Views)