[NEEDS SAVES] [CD] Vet Employees not doing their job

by YorksRob

Original Post

Vets employees play with clay and won't work

★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.70.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Own a vet business.
What happens when the bug occurs? Employee sims at the vet office refuse to work. They stare at fish or frogs, if available, and when those are removed they pull out clay. All patients are ignored.
What do you expect to see? Please take care of the sick animals, that's what I'm playing you for!
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This glitch is literally making the vet career unplayable. The sims were staring at frogs and fish, so I deleted them. Now all they do is play with clay. I have 3 employees and you can see all 3 of them completely ignoring the customers in this screenshot. I've reset them and deleted the clay and they just pull new clay out of nowhere and continue to goof off.

Message 11 of 20 (2,268 Views)

Re: Vets employees play with clay and won't work

[ Edited ]
Hero

@ArcherAngelo Did you check on the NAPs for the clay ? What's active ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 20 (2,263 Views)

★★★ Guide

I have NAPs disabled and removed those that were for the current neighborhood. My sims live in the same area at the vet so it's the same as their home.

Message 13 of 20 (2,225 Views)

★★★ Guide

I fired my employees and hired new ones. They still refuse to actually do their jobs, except for mopping. The customers are waiting so long their rating dropped to 1 and she went out to kick the trashcan. The inability of vet employees to actually help the animals is making this unplayable.

Message 14 of 20 (2,216 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@ArcherAngelo It sounds like this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-CD-Vet-Employees-Taking-all-day-to-treat-1-pet/td-... ?

as for the clay: If you deleted all the clay from when the bug was active and it's still being generated, please send your save to QA as asked here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/lumpy-clay-reappering/td-p/9764658/jump-to/first-unread-messag...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 20 (2,211 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Cats and Dogs

★★★ Newbie

I am having the exact same problem! Had some 5 star customers but very few, vets just stand around looking at the decor (which I had to add for ambience) and if I don't intervene the customers will get annoyed at the wait time and leave. 

Message 16 of 20 (2,227 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Cats and Dogs

★★ Novice

I have the same issues as others have mentioned, and I am playing the game on the PlayStation 4 so this is not solely a PC issue. I have no mods (PS4) and my employees are satisfied and/or neutral, depending upon whether I’ve given them praise or not. All three of them come in and stare at the fish tank. Eventually one of them might treat a pet but the others will ignore new customers and look at decor all day. I had one walk from room to room, admiring pictures while multiple pets were in the lobby waiting. I criticized her but that did nothing. I demoted her and that also didn’t help. She continued to walk around like she was completely happy with herself and oblivious to the fact that she’s at work. I also have the issue of pets getting on the exam table and then immediately getting off. I attribute this to them needing to be calmed down first, which my vets do not seem to be able to do, or don’t realize that they should. They all were working pretty well for awhile, but they slowly stopped doing anything, despite training and promotions. 

Message 17 of 20 (2,092 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [CD] Vet Employees not doing their job

★ Novice
@YorksRob Same with my vet techs. Ive tried everything.
Message 18 of 20 (1,982 Views)

★ Guide

Just want to add that I have this problem. When vets do treat pets, they seem to spend all days soothing them rather than actually doing any check ups.

Message 19 of 20 (1,675 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@YorksRob I just recently got into running a vet clinic i have two staff members who are slightly trained, from time to time i have problems with them doing there jobs/ responding to customers etc. One time I had one of my vets standing in a small bathroom with two patients and a animal or two and not one was doing anything. I went into build mode and tore down the walls near the door and the door itself to the bathroom, I changed lights and moved a few objects. This fixed the problem and the vets started working again. So try editing you clinic, and giving room between objects, if things get stuck and people stop doing things, go into build mode and edit stuff, try that and see if it helps.
Message 20 of 20 (1,595 Views)