Re: [OPEN] [CD] Toddlers/Pets don't run anymore

by KEW0701

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [PS4] [CD] Toddlers/Pets don't run anymore

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I'm a mac user and i have the same issue with toddlers (I dont have cats and dogs pack). My toddlers just walk and stumble even though their movement skill is max

edit: I removed all mods and ccs, deleted caches, repaired the game, and started a new game. the bug is still there

Message 21 of 35 (1,403 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Momochiachan I have the same problem, I've tried all the suggested solutions but my Toddlers won't run
Message 22 of 35 (1,391 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [CD] Toddlers/Pets don't run anymore

★★★ Novice
@LewkNotLuke Same problem looks like EA has no interest in solving this issue
Message 23 of 35 (1,370 Views)

★★★ Novice
@crinrict I have the same problem
Message 24 of 35 (1,339 Views)

★ Guide

Same problem here. I play on PS4 and it’s been a while since any of the toddlers in my game will run. Even when you cue them up to “run around”, they just walk around. My daughter plays on a PC and she’s having the same issue in her game as well. 

Message 25 of 35 (1,325 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Could anyone encountering this issue possibly share a save file with me where it's occurring? You can DM me the link to your save, thanks so much for the help!

Instructions for sending me your save: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 26 of 35 (1,276 Views)

★★★ Novice
@SimGuruNick I have sent the link to my saved game in your DM
Message 27 of 35 (1,227 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [CD] Toddlers/Pets don't run anymore

★★ Novice

off topic but what are you’re computer specs? you’re game seems to run smoothly and on good graphics and i’ve been wanting to upgrade from my mac

Message 28 of 35 (1,020 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I encountered this issue myself after having started the game again.  However I did manage to fix the issue myself by modifying the XML file for  Buff_Trait_Toddler  141769

On lines 161 to line 172 it appears that there is a setting that is overriding the toddler skills.  The code is as follows.

<V n="walkstyle_behavior_override" t="enabled">
    <U n="enabled">
      <L n="removed_run_flags">
        <E>RUN_ALLOWED_INDOORS</E>
        <E>RUN_ALLOWED_OUTDOORS</E>
      </L>
      <V n="wading_walkstyle" t="Override">
        <T n="Override" p="InGame\Locomotion\WalkToddlerLevel01.walkstyle">27c01d95:00000000:00000000a33749b1</T>
      </V>
      <E n="walkstyle_behavior_priority">DEFAULT</E>
    </U>
  </V>

As you can see the code is removing the run allowed flags.  The same code is within the XML files for the toddler movement skill xmls 1-5.    Removing these lines of code from that XML resolved my issue.

ETA:  This is a modification made for the PC platform.  This is not really meant to be advice for anyone in particular, nor do I recommend doing this if you do not wish to modify a game.  This is simply meant as feedback for developer investigation.

Message 29 of 35 (960 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Lodakaiwan
It's working
A million thanks
Message 30 of 35 (849 Views)