by zirize

Original Post

[OPEN] [CD] Simulation Lag/ Getting stuck on interacting with Pets

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Svenska
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.105.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? EP: Dogs and Cats, City Life. GP: Parenthood, SP: Pets, Glamour. FP: Christmas, Death Guitarr
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a bunch of sims (here I include dogs and cats in the word "sims" ) in the same lot, click on another sim to interact with them and choose an action.
What happens when the bug occurs? The active sim just stands there. Not un-animated, will still move a bit but not move from the spot.
What do you expect to see? My active sim to be the next priority for the sim it wants to interact with. Or my sim to give up and do something else instead.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

(my game is in Swedish so it's possible that I got the name of the packs wrong. That's why I separated them to Expansion, Game, Stuff and Free, so if someone has the wrong title it might be easier to figure out which one it is. I think I've learned some title names in English from the forums though!)

I had this problem before the latest patch and I kinda waited for this patch to see if it would fix it before reporting it. I don't think I had it from the very beginning though.

This often happens with pets! And like, I understand if my sim wouldn't be able to interact with them if they're doing something like going to the litter box or eating or whatever, but often the pet is just standing or sitting somewhere and still my sim won't be able to approach it. 

When trying to interact with a human sim, I understand if they won't quit everything they're doing to be with my sim, but the queue of tasks doesn't seem to be the issue really, as often they would interrupt their business to be with my sim (as stated, this only occurs sometimes but it happens in different save files and on different lots every now and then).

And yeah the resetsim cheat often works to solve this but if I want a family member that isn't that comfortable with how to use cheats to be able to play then it would be better if the game didn't need them to solve it.

This video I made show it when it's several sims that does it at once (haven't made a video of households of only one human that does it but this occurs many times so I could make a video of that too, but I think you get the idea) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKDn2AVeBjU from 00:23

EDIT: Thanks for the merge, I was looking for a similar topic but didn't understand this was it.

This happened also on a new save file with only one played household (but I had moved in two or three more in apartments just to get cooler neighbours), a household with only one human and one pet, in a medium large house, maybe three cats visiting at the moment so maybe 5 sim on lot at the same time. That's probably the smallest load where I still get the bug. (saw you mentioned size in first post). Oh and the inventory was small, except for the photos there were maybe 10 items.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 3 of 16 (2,386 Views)

Pet interactions Not Working

★★★★★ Apprentice

Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? Most recent
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Interact with pets
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims will get stuck when interacting with pets, usually have to reset
What do you expect to see? Sims should complete the action & not get stuck
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Message 1 of 16 (2,263 Views)

Re: Pet interactions Not Working

Hero
@goldenrosegames Could you test a different house/fresh save to see if you have the same issue (no mods/cc added back)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 16 (2,241 Views)

Re: Sims not doing anything

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Kanelbullet Thanks for your report and the video.

I merged your post with our Simulation lag thread. Symptom as you describe them have always been around and it does seem to get worse with every pack but we're getting so many new possibilities each time and it feels like they just don't know what to do.

I'm making sure to forward your report on this as well. Maybe there can some changes be made on how to prioritize interactions.

EDIT: Going to use this as simulation lag for pets specific interactions. For other issues, please use this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/WORK-IN-PROGRESS-Autonomy-and-Simulation-Lag/m-p/8207320

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 16 (2,360 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I can confirm this and especially terrible is the combination of pets and toddlers. If e.g. the pet autonomously wants to interact with the active Sim while he is doing something different (like waiting to interact with a toddler) there are often problems. Switching to build mode and back fixes the situation.

Message 5 of 16 (2,252 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [CD] Simulation Lag with Pets

★ Expert

Sadly, Cats and Dogs has been broken since release. You can find several YTers that do LP with C&D and you will see the lag issues. This is EA selling (knowingly) broken games. 

Message 6 of 16 (2,230 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

About the toddlers, I find them extremely laggy and I've never thought about if it's in the combination with pets. I put my families with toddlers on hold now in hope for a patch.

Message 7 of 16 (2,222 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [CD] Simulation Lag/ Getting stuck on interacting with Pets

Community Manager (retired)

Can anyone with this issue possibly share a save file, to help us investigate? Your Config.log (located in the TS4 folder in Documents) would also be helpful. Thanks much!

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 8 of 16 (2,164 Views)

[CD]Interacting cats makes a sim uncontrollable

★★ Guide

Which language are you playing the game in? 한국어
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.56.52.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Make a sim to interact with cats.
What happens when the bug occurs? Can't control the sim anymore until "reset"
What do you expect to see? should be able to contol sims no matter how? I think?
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.

save file link:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1MufVwAEFN7RmPkpARWBjlEEZM9tnWxWx

Message 9 of 16 (2,295 Views)

Re: [CD]Interacting cats makes a sim uncontrollable

[ Edited ]
Hero

@zirize Could you try if it gets better if you turn of always move as mist/bat ? Maybe there's a conflict between the celebrity walk and that.

For me it was mostly fine on your save except the initial one that was already locked. I did see it once when the cat was on the cat combo but that resolved by canceling the task. I currently don't have time for extensive testing.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 16 (2,208 Views)