Re: [OPEN] [CD] Pets won't eat unless they're told to

by knazzer

Original Post

Re: Cat won't eat but bowl is full

★★★★ Guide
My family's pets in this save died just before Seasons came out. Not sure if my save would help. :/
If/when I get another pet, I'll keep an eye out and post/share accordingly.
Message 11 of 55 (4,269 Views)

Hero

Moved all fireplace related posts to this post: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-CD-Pets-obsessed-with-fireplace/td-p/6908899/jump-to/fi...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 55 (4,241 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Having a similar issue where I keep getting notifications saying my pet is going hungry, yet the bowl is completely full. I’ve tried placing it in other areas, and even other households have same issue. Pets only eat when told to.
Message 13 of 55 (4,221 Views)

★ Novice

Was there a fix for this issue found? I thought maybe my lot was too big so I moved to a smaller one and I am still having the same issue.

Message 14 of 55 (4,072 Views)

Hero
Don't think there's a workaround for this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 55 (4,066 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
I have this issue except for me it's 100% of the time. I have removed all pets from my families until this gets fixed. Pets literally stand inches away from a full food bowl and I get the notification that they're hungry. They will only eat when you tell them, no fun.
Message 16 of 55 (4,055 Views)

Pets won't eat

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.46.18.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a pet around long enough
What happens when the bug occurs? Pet gets hungry, very hungry, turns pic orange, I need to call the pet to eat in order to get it to.
What do you expect to see? Pet eating the food available
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Of the recent issues (mourning problems, sims not moving though opening and closing buy/build helps, and unable to close/save for a while as someone "ages up" somewhere) the newest one is that my pets won't eat. Sometimes they won't go potty where things are available, but this part happens more often.  If I make them something on the stove or call them to their bowl, they will. But I'd like them just to go to the full bowl instead of starving themselves, please.

Message 17 of 55 (4,027 Views)

Re: Pets won't eat

Hero

Hi @MxSkittleKitten

merged your post with existing thread. Feel free to press me too on the first post.

Thank you for the report.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 18 of 55 (3,988 Views)

★★★ Guide

This happens to me sometimes as well. Sometimes they'll eat out their own, but sometimes I'll get a notification that they're hungry, and I have to call them to the food bowl in order to get them to eat.

Message 19 of 55 (3,972 Views)

★ Guide

This was happening to me when I was playing last night. I had my sim direct his dogs (they have five) to eat and when they would finally go over to the food one of the other dogs was in the commanded spot and I had to command the dog again. The house is a small one bedroom, but I plan on moving the household soon.

I think there should be a "(pet's name) has learned to eat from the pet dish" message like there is for when they learn to do or not do something.

Message 20 of 55 (3,921 Views)