[FIXED] [CD] Pet food bowls disappear

by baddums

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [CD] Pet food bowls disappearing off lot when I leave

★★ Novice

I've been having this issue as well.  I have a maid, didn't notice it happening before hiring her.  My sim is not neat (there's only 1 living on the lot), and the bowl is not located anywhere on the lot or in the inventory.  It doesn't happen every time, but enough times that it is very annoying, especially as I own a vet clinic and travel a lot.  I thought someone was stealing them because I had originally left them outside, but after placing bowls indoors those have been disappearing too.  No other objects have been disappearing.  The vet clinic bowl has not disappeared so far.

Message 31 of 65 (2,028 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello.

If anyone is still seeing this issue after today's patch (1.37.35), please let me know.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 32 of 65 (1,994 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hi! I still have the problem! I have no services, no maids butlers etc etc. The bowls are nowhere on the lot, happens to my automatic feeders both at my house and my vet clinic. The only DLCs I have are Vampires and cats and dogs. My sim is not neat, and I dont have any dogs in my house to move them around, I only have two cats personally (there are dogs at the vet clinic ofc but I haven't found any bowls around). For me at the Vet clinic it seems to happen even when I'm on the lot without leaving, one moment its full and being eaten from, I treat a pet and dont pay attention for a while, then when I close and I make sure everything is clean and mopped, the bowl is gone.

Message 33 of 65 (1,980 Views)

EA Sims Team

@Kahj_13

We'll take a look.  Thank you.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 34 of 65 (1,961 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Do we have a solution yet? Mine are going missing too
Message 35 of 65 (1,875 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CD] Pet food bowls disappear

★ Apprentice

I just noticed I'm having this problem, too, with the food bowls disappearing from the automatic feeders. It's a game I've been playing since January or so, where I have several active families that I rotate with. The family with the problem lives in Forgotten Hollow, the other families I play live in Willow Creek and Newcrest (so no connection the apartment living issue of disappearing objects).

At first I thought it was because I have 4 husky ghost dogs that appear at night on this lot (thanks to my "pet cemetery" on the grounds) and I know when they were alive they liked to carry bowls around when hungry (the regular ones, not the ones from an auto-feeder) so I figured maybe they stole them when I wasn't looking and I'd find the bowls later; so I bought new bowls for the feeders.

Now a second night has come and gone and the active (alive) dog in the family was complaining he was hungry. So I checked and both bowls are missing from the feeders again. The ghost huskies were there flying around, but I didn't see any of the ghost dogs with a bowl in his mouth.

My Sims in this game have never lived in an apartment (which I heard had some relation to disappearing objects), and I don't see any random dog bowls just laying around the lot away from the feeders.

I do not know yet if any of my other families in the other towns have this issue, too, but I will go double check. Like I said, I'd been playing this file since January and only noticed the missing bowls a couple days ago.

Thanks!  :-)

CC

ps: My game has no CC or Mods, and I have all the packs and updates installed. (Win 10)

Message 36 of 65 (1,772 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello @cchant86

Do the households with the missing bowls happen to have a Nanny, Butler, or Maid hired?

Message 37 of 65 (1,761 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hired the maid once that I can recall. No butlers or nannies. But do hire the gardener frequently on this lot if that makes a difference.

CC :-)

Message 38 of 65 (1,745 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Sims Team

@cchant86

We're aware of an issue where a maid, butler, or nanny may accidentally throw the food bowls away.  Is it possible that the maid threw it away?

Message 39 of 65 (1,723 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I encountered this bug yesterday at 19 Culpepper House, when I added a pet to one of my families – bowl disappeared after traveling. No nanny, butler or housekeeper employed. It's not in the household inventory or individual sims's ones. I have pet bowls placed at various community residential lots (but not apartments) and never had this problem before (bought C&D on day one).

Message 40 of 65 (1,666 Views)