by SimGuruNick

Original Post

Celebrity Level being incorrectly displayed

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.74.59.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All packs except for Kids Stuff, Toddler Stuff, My First Pet Stuff, any of the Kits
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? It doesn't happen all the time so it's bit harder to replicate it but it happened to me after hovering above a celebrity Sim and then hovering above a Sim (or pet) that isn't a celebrity
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims that aren't celebrities have at least one star, Sims that are already celebrities lose at least one star
What do you expect to see? When hovering above Sims to see their name/age/status the bubble above them should display the correct pieces of information
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I first came across this bug before the window update that came with Journey to Batuu. When I hovered above a Sim that is a celebrity to see their current fame level and then hovered above a Sim that is either is or isn't a celebrity the bubble that appeared above the Sim displayed an incorrect fame level. It's not exclusive to Sims either, it can happen to pets, too (screenshot in attachment). It doesn't happen all the time, though. So I'm not sure what exactly could cause this bug. When I play with Sims that are affected by that bug and then hover above them the fame level is correct again (see attachment). The celebrity Sims I have already saved to my library and have in at least one save file also show a wrong level (see attachment). I have checked the Get Famous couple Maxis created and the Gallery says that they are B-Listers instead of Proper Celebrities. Now I'm not sure if this has something to do with my game, meaning, when someone else searches for those Sims on Maxis' account the level gets displayed correctly, or if this is a bug that affects everyone. It'd be cool if someone could take a look at that.

Message 11 of 20 (1,732 Views)

Re: Celebrity Level being incorrectly displayed

Champion

@Arekkino Hi!  I noticed this in my game as well.  There's another report which I think is related to the same bug.  I shared a couple of screenshots in this thread.

My Dog Sim is famous - Answer HQ (ea.com)

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

Message 12 of 20 (1,704 Views)

Re: My Dog Sim is famous

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

I have this issue since forever in my vanilla save. It’s only a display bug. The Cats/Dogs or Sims are not really famous, and I don’t saw a logic behind this bug. I don’t play with celebrities and have only 5 celebrities in my game. So, I encounter this display bug maybe... all 3-6 months?

After Reload or switch map is the display bug fixed for me.

Message 13 of 20 (1,689 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@JonaO703 Thanks for directing me to that thread! Maybe a moderator could merge my post with it.
Message 14 of 20 (1,681 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

He appeared at the Spice Festival randomly. 

He is mega famous lol 

Message 15 of 20 (1,583 Views)

Re: [CD] [GT] Celebrity level incorrectly displayed on Sims and pets

Community Manager (retired)

Could anyone experiencing this issue possibly share a save file with me where you've seen it occur? You can DM me the link to your save, thanks so much!

Instructions for sharing your save: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 16 of 20 (1,544 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I'm not sure if this is tied to this strange bug, but I just created a 2-star Sim by way of game cheats, and then saved him to my Gallery. However, he is listed as only a 1-star celeb on the Gallery. Curious and perplexed, I went back in-game and jumped him up to a 3-star and then saved that version of him, of which this time it lists him as a 2-star on the Gallery. I wonder why it's like that or does it take into account specific hidden fame points to determine the true value of his fame rank on the gallery?

Message 17 of 20 (1,477 Views)

Hero
@paradiseplanet27 Sounds different. This is about dogs being famous.

Do you have the same issue without cheats ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 18 of 20 (1,450 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@crinrict Sorry, I don't have the time to test that.
Message 19 of 20 (1,423 Views)

Hero
@paradiseplanet27 If you do find the time and it does happen without them, it's probably best if you make your own thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 20 of 20 (1,407 Views)