Re: Cats and dogs never sleep on pet bed.

by johlietz

Original Post

Cats and dogs never sleep on pet bed.

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.60.54.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs except Uni and Island Living and every game pack except StrangerVille.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a cat or dog in your household.
What happens when the bug occurs? The cat / dog won't autonomously sleep on the pet bed. Instead, the dog passes out every time on the ground and the cat will simply sleep on the ground or on an available sofa.
What do you expect to see? The pets should autonomously use the pet bed.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

See above.

Message 11 of 38 (1,752 Views)

Hero
@Zack4358 Merging this with a similar thread. Sounds the same.

QA is looking for saves for this issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 38 (1,709 Views)

★ Novice

Hello, 

I have been having this issue, pretty similar experience as the other, removing CC doesn't change it. It doesn't happen on every game. My game is updated so I guess it hasn't been fixed. I don't know if anyone sent their save files, so here ismine :

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1dveeTIXjPTnQHq8hogXZ61iG6JYfFr_V?usp=sharing

I've never done this before, I'm sorry if it isn't the right way. 

Message 13 of 38 (1,644 Views)

Hero
@SuperDawner Thank you. I'll make sure it gets to QA

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 38 (1,614 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@crinrict 

Hi there,

I'm having the exact same issue as OP at the moment. I have a household with 2 dogs and both dogs (they both have different traits as well) will attempt to go to sleep when they are tired, then get up off the bed/sofa and stand either parallel to the sofa or with their hind legs on the pet bed and stay like that the whole night.

They continuously pass out during the day as well because they're tired, and when I direct them to go sleep in the dog beds it's 50/50 whether it works. Sometimes it works and they lay down for a bit, but most of the time they swivel their heads like their confused and my Sim stamps in frustration. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EnocaJSKOOpys9ir8JR2cRrWzWjhUOtd/view?usp=sharing

Above is the drive file for my save.

Thanks,

Message 15 of 38 (1,538 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hi. 

I also seem to be experiencing this problem.  I have a single dog in a house with a sing sim.  The lot is considered a small house from the tiny living expansion.  The first nigh, my dog slept in his bed.  My sim woke him in the morning so she could put the bed in her inventory to save space.  After placing the bed back where it was, my dog now refuses to uses to the point of only passing out now.

I don't know how to do the drive sharing thing, but I hope this also helps with finding a solution at some point.  

Thank you.

Message 16 of 38 (1,399 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CD] Dogs stays awake all night, collapse several times

★★★★★ Guide

I am seeing this problem in my game as well. When all sims in the households are sleeping and the game starts speeding up time, the pets are going to their beds, then they immediately get up and just stand still during the rest of the night. When the sims wake up in the morning, the pets are exhausted because of lack of sleep and will mostly run out of energy during the day.

Message 17 of 38 (1,335 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I am also experiencing this issue. I play on PlayStation.

Message 18 of 38 (1,267 Views)

★ Guide

This is happening with my cat, too. I'm playing on PC, have all the packs, and no mods/cc.

Message 19 of 38 (1,104 Views)

★ Novice

I just made a new game and both my dogs are doing this. I'm on PC and I don't have any mods so I don't understand why they're broken Frown

Message 20 of 38 (1,033 Views)