Give dog bath never finishes

by belpita

Original Post

Give dog bath never finishes

★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.46.18.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All, except My First Pet.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to give a dog a bath in a stand-alone bath tub. Action does however seem to work in the combined shower/bath.
What happens when the bug occurs? The action starts, but never finishes. It just gets stuck on a tiny bit of green on the action circle. The dog is not clean and the hours pass. I tried speeding up time, thinking the action would kick in after a while, but it didn't help.
What do you expect to see? I would like to be able to clean my dirty dogs in the bath tub without resorting to the "make happy" fix.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I've had this happen on multiple lots, all with a stand-alone bath tub. Unsure if it is the same tub, so I need to check and maybe amend this post. 

Combined shower/bath works fine. 

Message 11 of 44 (2,292 Views)

Re: Give dog bath never finishes

Hero

Hi @belpita

merged your post with existing thread on the issue.

Please feel free to click the me too button on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 44 (2,273 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Thanks! I didn't see this thread. 

Just wanted to add that I went back into the game and checked which two (so far) tubs that wouldn't let me wash the dogs:
Ain't That A Slate (from Seasons) and Floral Hygiene Clawfoot Tub. 

But I seem to remember having that Seasons tub in another household with a dog and not experiencing this problem there. 

Someone suggested going to world map and back to temporarily (?) fix the problem, but that really seems like a clunky solution to me. Granted, I don't have the fastest gaming setup, but it usually takes a good 2 minutes or more for the loading screen to finish, so I don't see myself using that option often. 

Right-clicking and choosing "make happy" is obviously the easiest solution, but I think bathing the dog counts towards friendship levelling, so you might not want to skip it for that reason.

Message 13 of 44 (2,260 Views)

Hero
Thanks for the extra info.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 44 (2,258 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CD] Dog doesn't get clean on washing in the tub

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I tried shift-click "make happy" and my sim is still registering his adopted puppy as dirty. Unlike OP, I do get the green circle pop up, however it never fills. My sim will just sit there perpetually scrubbing the adopted puppy.

Message 15 of 44 (2,187 Views)

Hero
Hi @LolitaRei

did you try canceling the interaction and start over ? I haven't tried this in a while but for me it was always hit and miss. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 16 of 44 (2,174 Views)

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? 98% of the time (The other 2% it works when i wash the dog the first time after reloading the save.)
What is your current game version number? Latest version as of 23/12 2018 23:48
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and dogs, Seasons, jungle adventure, outdoor retreat, Spa day, awesome animal hats, Life of the party digital content, Holiday celebration pack, up all night digital content
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to give a dog a bath in a stand-alone bath tub. The action will start but never end cause the green circle never finishes
What happens when the bug occurs? The action starts, but never finishes. It just gets stuck on a tiny bit of green on the action circle. The dog is not clean and the hours pass. I tried speeding up time, thinking the action would kick in after a while, but it didn't help.  Also tried to cancel the action and start again
What do you expect to see? I would like to be able to clean my dirty dogs in the bath tub without resorting to the "make happy" fix.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Been like this since i first installed it.

Message 17 of 44 (2,149 Views)

★★ Novice
@melodieminx its left click
Message 18 of 44 (1,928 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I'm in this same boat. Cant say anything new that hasnt already been said other than this still happens pretty much every time with my dog. It's full grown and I've been playing with this family for a while now and this has kinda always been a problem. Most of the times it happens after the dog runs away and returns and almost every time the dog poops as if possibly that's what is holding it back but honestly my game does this with a lot of things now. I have to tell my characters to do something and immediately pause to let the game catch up or travel or go into build mode...idk seems like once you get to a certain point in this game if your PC isnt top of the line the game bogs itself down eventually.

Message 19 of 44 (1,906 Views)

★ Apprentice

Also had this issue today. Winter season after the dog and I returned from an adventure which ended up us being made very dirty by the square, believe we fell into something in the event. Dog became very dirty and even tried to wash him 3 times, he then proceeded to run away and came back, still could not wash him.

Message 20 of 44 (1,878 Views)