by alanmichael1

Original Post

[OPEN] [CD] Dog constantly whining

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All without the hamster
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Only in the playing.
What happens when the bug occurs? Dog gives continuous irritating sound
What do you expect to see? Fixing it please.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

My Sim live alone just with one adult dog. The dog are lazy, independent and clever. Problem is that all the day only whining, everywhere to go after sim and cry. My Sim can not doing daily thing as is cooking, talk with friends, work from home, still there stay crying dog and this is very irritating. Also if sim ask him whats going on? There is writing that he is hungry, but he is just standing near bowl with food. He is clever and can not find food right next to him?
My Sim give to him all love, when he hugeed him long time, cudle with him - if put him on the floor, dog start whining again. Dog is lazy and that means that every moment fails and falls asleep, but still requires walks where even on the short walk in the middle pass out and sleeps.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 43 (8,257 Views)

Re: Dog constantly whining

Hero
Does he stop when you direct him to the food ? Does he have any whims ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 43 (8,165 Views)

Hero

Tagging @JSpaxcz for feedback

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 43 (8,137 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

He whine even if  stands next to the food. If i direct him to the food, he eat and immediately whining again. That goes on all day, all the time the Sim is out at work, all night untill he fall asleep. There is whims leash, or some like that, but the dog are lazy and falls into sleep every minute even on a  short walk. I think lazzy dog would not want so much to move.

Message 4 of 43 (8,128 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Pro
I have also observed that my dog was constantly whining because he wanted to go for a walk. I didn't notice this some weeks ago. But he is not in red mood.
Message 5 of 43 (8,113 Views)

Hero
@alanmichael1 Does he also have the lazy trait ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 43 (8,093 Views)

★★★★ Pro

No, au contraire he was adenventurous (and also often didn't find his food bowl).

Message 7 of 43 (8,087 Views)

EA Staff

Hi @alanmichael1 @JSpaxcz

Would you be willing to share your save files with us?

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

That would help us a lot!.

Thank you very much!

Message 8 of 43 (8,070 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Unfortunately no, the dog died a week ago and I don't find any save with him ... I will send a save when it happens again Standard smile

Message 9 of 43 (8,067 Views)

Re: [CD] Dog constantly whining

★★★ Novice

I'm having the same problem. I have a Borzoi with the Lazy trait and I'll walk him, and then he's fine for one day, and the next day he whines and whines and won't sleep until I walk him. How does a lazy dog need to be walked every other day? It takes up a lot of time. I didn't have this problem with him until I deleted his older household and moved him in with a single adult sim. The whining is becoming so annoying I might just get a cat instead; at least they won't stand near my sims' bed and whine ALL NIGHT.

Message 10 of 43 (7,977 Views)