by 521449741W158

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] [CD] Can't bill pet owner

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Every Pack besides Glamour Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the vet career.
What happens when the bug occurs? I try to earn money after sucessfull treatment of an pet, but i can click only on the pet for the option and nothing happens. The other npc doc can earn money on her own.
What do you expect to see? I should get Money Frown
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Message 1 of 54 (5,500 Views)

Re: Vet Career no sellery

Hero

They should actually get the money automatically. I don't know what the action is for. Normally mine bill the owner right after treatment without me intervening

Are you sure you haven't already gotten the money ? Does your statistics say they earned something or not ?

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 54 (5,487 Views)

[TO TEST] [CD] Can't Bill Pet Owner

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything except bowling, spooky, and the digital deluxe version of the Sims 4
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Can't figure out/see anything that is common when this issue happens. It has only happened on empty lots that I have started a vet clinic on. Have not experienced it in the pre-built one. I initially believed it was because my Sim autonomously began to play a game or something on their phone because their "fun" meter was in the yellow, but I have filled them up to green and it still happens.
What happens when the bug occurs? This bug is in the veterinary career from the new Sims 4 Cats and Dogs. Sometimes my Sim won't bill the owner on their own, so I click on the pet after treatment and select bill owner. The action then briefly pops up on the interaction bar and then goes away without my Sim billing the owner. I can dismiss the patient, but I won't get paid. I can't re-examine the patient because they have already been treated. I have closed the clinic and opened it back up and it still happens. I have left the lot and come back and it still happens. When it happens and I dismiss the patient, they, of course, don't pay and then the same pet owner comes back but with a different pet. Had one Sim come back 4 types with a different pet each time.
What do you expect to see? Either the sim needs to automatically bill the owner after treatment, or the sim bills the owner when I tell them to.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Sims 4 Cats and Dogs release. (Was a pre-order)

This bug is in the veterinary career from the new Sims 4 Cats & Dogs. Sometimes my Sim won't bill the owner on their own, so I click on the pet after treatment and select bill owner. The action then briefly pops up on the interaction bar and then goes away without my Sim billing the owner. I can dismiss the patient, but I won't get paid. I can't re-examine the patient because they have already been treated. I have closed the clinic and opened it back up and it still happens. I have left the lot and come back and it still happens. When it happens and I dismiss the patient, they, of course, don't pay and then the same pet owner comes back but with a different pet. Had one Sim come back 4 types with a different pet each time. If I don't dismiss them, they just stand there with the Simoleon symbol above their head and just interact with their pet. Can't figure out/see anything that is common when this issue happens. It has only happened on empty lots that I have started a vet clinic on. Have not experienced it in the pre-built one. I initially believed it was because my Sim autonomously began to play a game or something on their phone because their "fun" meter was in the yellow, but I have filled them up to green and it still happens. In order to stop the issue, I have to exit the main menu and go back into the game. However, if I saved after the glitch, the glitch still happens. When I close the business, the report shows that I lost money so I did not in fact get paid. 

Message 3 of 54 (5,716 Views)

Re: [CD] Can't Bill Pet Owner

★★★★ Novice

Okay, update. I did "kind of" found a workaround for this. I had my Sim leave the lot WITHOUT dismissing the patient and when the report came it said that I didn't have any profit and I didn't lose any so it was at $0. My Sim went back to the lot and opened the business back up. The same Sim came back and checked in their animal. I began examining but there was nothing to diagnose so I put a cone of shame on the animal and now I am having no problems. 

Message 4 of 54 (5,670 Views)

★★★★ Novice

But without having to do a workaround, is there anything to be done to solve this glitch? It makes the expansion pack pretty mundane and useless if you can't bill the customer.

Message 5 of 54 (5,630 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

It's not something I have been able to duplicate so far. Are you guys using a pre-patch game or a new one ? 

Are you using the premade clinic or your own ?

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 54 (5,622 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have the original vet clinic and one off the gallery. My game automatically updates so it's all very new and un-modded.

Message 7 of 54 (5,617 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] [CD] Can't Bill Pet Owner

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hi,

I have exactly the same issue, other than with my family it happens 100% of time. I treat an animal, then my sim does not take the payment and when I try to force him to do it, the interaction just diasappears. This, sadly, makes vet clinic 100% unplayable for me.

I do play a custom vet clinic, but it was operating just fine for its first day (around 7 patients) when it suddenly broke.

Tried leaving the lot and coming back, and repairing the game - no luck. Tried waiting for hours for patients to 'fix' themselves - no luck. I just cannot profit off the clinic at all.

No mods / CC (I do not use any at all), I have all SIms packs too. Playing on Windows 7.

Message 8 of 54 (5,579 Views)

Hero

@bunniesaremagic

would you be willing to share your save ? If so, please zip it, upload it somewhere and PM me the link. You can't attach them to posts here.

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 54 (5,574 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Save sent.
Little update on my bug: I bought a Maxis created clinic and was able to bill for tretament again... for a while. Then same as with my lot - it just broke. I tried having just one diagnosis station in both (naybe the ai was confused?) and it worked for a bit till it wasn't anymore. Restarts, repairs and travelling around the world either doesn't workat all or works for 3-4 patients and then we are back to square one.
Message 10 of 54 (5,536 Views)

Need help?

We’re happy to help with your account, troubleshooting, and gameplay questions.

Contact us on EA Help

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help