Can't Bill Patient

by ellacrk

Original Post

Can't Bill Patient

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, Get to Work
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Build own vet clinic, treat a patient, try to bill patient.
What happens when the bug occurs? The billing doesn't happen automatically, and when i click on the option both sims go into a very quick T-pose and the action drops.
What do you expect to see? The patient gets billed, and they can leave and i get paid.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

It happened before and after i removed mods and cc, and i also repaired the game and it did nothing. I tried closing it and leaving, resetting, everything.

Message 41 of 73 (2,004 Views)

Re: Can't Bill Patient

Hero
@ellacrk Merged your post.

Do you have any own pets on the lot ? I might need to make this more general so checking if it's the case for you or not.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 42 of 73 (1,986 Views)

★ Novice

I deleted the save file and tried again. No pets this time.

I have a single female sim of adult age running the default vet clinic. This issue still occurs at least once every gaming session.

Closing the clinic, sending her home and save + restarting the game is the only fix that works for me.

She has no pets and no other sims in her household.

Please fix this soon as I really love the vet career but it is unplayable when this bug occurs.

Message 43 of 73 (1,976 Views)

★★★★ Guide
This occurs with vet employees (that I don’t control) too. When it happens they’ll just stand in front of the examine table forever doing absolutely nothing (my Sim can talk to them just fine but they’ll go back standing there after the talk). The sick pet is already successfully cured but they just can’t bill the owner afterwards.
Message 44 of 73 (1,959 Views)

EA Staff

Hi @ellacrk @elelunicy @CuriousCat101

We have not been able to reproduce this issue so far, would any of you be willing to send us your save files? If so, instructions are here: 

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

Thank you very much! Standard smile

Message 45 of 73 (1,929 Views)

EA Staff

Hi everyone, 

Anyone willing to share their saves?

This seems to be an issue affecting a good number of users but we have not been able to reproduce. Are you still experiencing this issue?

Thank you very much! 

Message 46 of 73 (1,890 Views)

★★★ Novice

Did anyone ever figure out how to resolve this issue? My sim runs a vet clinic I made from scratch. No pets in the household. No mods or CC. Worked fine first couple days opened, but now can’t bill owners. 

Message 47 of 73 (1,774 Views)

Hero

Hi @JJ1Fantasy

would you be willing to share your save as per instructions of @SimGuruIcarus above ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 48 of 73 (1,764 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Staff

Hi there!

We are still unable to reproduce this issue at our end Frown

Is anyone still experiencing this issue? If you, can you send us your save files with some information about the vet clinic and household?

Also, please keep in mind that founds can be automatically added to your household. So please check if your simmoleons have increased after any examination. 

Thank you very much!

Message 49 of 73 (1,731 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I play on Play Station 4 and have this same issue. I have one sim, no pets, and she lives on the lot that the clinic is on. She treats the pets and then I click on the pet and click bill owner and.....nothing. Now the clinic is in the red and the sim can't run it because there's no money left. the testing cheats thing won't work since I purchased the cats and dogs pack also. the sims also tend to not leave after the treatment and attempted billing.

Message 50 of 73 (1,650 Views)