by OrangeKiwiLMB

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] CAS Story Part Time Job - No working days

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.53.115.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? [GTW]: Get To Work [GT]: Get Together [CL] City Living [CD] Cats and Dogs [S] Seasons [GF] Get Famous [IL] Island Living [PH] Parenthood [JA] Jungle Adventure [KSPS] Kid's Room Stuff Pack [LDSP] Laundry Day Stuff Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Getting career through creating sim story in CAS. (I have only tried once with Diver career)
What happens when the bug occurs? When loading into world theres no days when you're supposed to go to work, it just says Day Off! but the notification comes up with "#### has work in an hour."
What do you expect to see? Days sim goes to work on the career menu.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. 16th July update.

Screenshot of the issue below.

https://imgur.com/a/EOFnQTA

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 20 (4,993 Views)

Re: CAS Story Career - No working days

Hero
@OrangeKiwiLMB Could you try if it happens to other careers ? Maybe it's a work at home career thing. I tried like 10 times now and only got active careers and rabbit hole ones.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 20 (4,950 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Yeah I've been trying and can only seem to get the normal and GTW careers including entertainer which all seem to be fine.

Managed to get diving career again and yeah still the same issue.

https://imgur.com/a/844c6vy

Message 3 of 20 (4,943 Views)

Hero
@OrangeKiwiLMB There's a similar issue with this here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/WORKAROUND-Schedule-for-part-time-job-broken-for-pre-patch-gam...

I'm going to leave this separate as it doesn't happen on existing career but for CAS story for you.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 20 (4,903 Views)

Champion

Same thing happening to my Young Adult male who got his career through the CAS Story Career.  He is a Lifeguard.  I had not played a lifeguard yet so I wasn't sure if this was a bug with the lifeguards, the part-time jobs, or the CAS Story feature.  But his wife got her career through the CAS Story feature (an Entertainer) and her days and time period for work displays normally.  

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 5 of 20 (4,902 Views)

Hero
@PugLove888 Keeping the CAS and existing career issue separate for now. Moved your post over :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 20 (4,888 Views)

Lifeguard work-panel bug

★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Norsk
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.53.115.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything except My First Pet Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have sim at the highest level in the lifeguard career
What happens when the bug occurs? The work-panel doesn’t show wich days and hours my sim is working. It says my sim has a day off, even when I get notification saying my sim has to go to work in an hour.
What do you expect to see? The work panel showing wich days and hours my sim is working, like with the other careers.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I made my sim using the CAS Story, so my sim started out at the highest level of the lifeguard career. I don’t know if the bug appears at the other levels of the career.

Message 7 of 20 (4,876 Views)

Re: Lifeguard work-panel bug

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 20 (4,842 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] CAS Story Part Time Job - No working days

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1020

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them.
Steps:

How can we find the bug ourselves? Make a sim with CAS Story, have it give you a career. 
What happens when the bug occurs?  The Career panel displays that all the days are off (greyed out). Around 4pm game time, I'll get a notification that I have work in an hour.
What do you expect to see? The days scheduled for the week that tells me what time I work and the next time I work (ie. In 2 days; 12:30pm-4:30pm).
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes, but I removed them to check if it was the mods. 
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Nope, I haven't really used CAS Stories before but I have had all the Careers in the game and didn't have this happen. 

I tried resetting my sim and nothing changed. On my other sim, who got the conservationist career, there was a similar problem but I was able to level up her career and it reset itself. All I can think is that maybe leveling it up would fix it but diving is a part-time career with only 3 levels and my sim started at the top level Basketball

Let me know if you would like more info.

Message 9 of 20 (4,607 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] CAS Story Part Time Job - No working days

★★★★ Novice

I've had IL since September but only just gave a sim the diving career. I didn't use the story feature. It must be something to do with the career itself.  All other careers I've tried don't have this issue.

Message 10 of 20 (4,561 Views)