by DreamingStarz14

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] Build menu disappears sometimes

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.85.203.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them except bowling stuff pack and a few kits.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go into build and buy mode and then re-enter live mode
What happens when the bug occurs? All of the bottom controls go away: the play, fast forwards, personality panel, ect. You cannot click on anything in the world either to have your sims do anything
What do you expect to see? Me being able to access the panel and play my game in live mode after leaving build mode.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. the patch on March 15th, game version 1.85.203.1030. It has happened every time I leave build/buy mode and I have to force exit the game every time since I can do anything. It has happened every single time since I updated the game yesterday.

I have repaired my game, removed mods and then repaired the game and kept my mods out. It keeps happening and is making my game unplayable. I attached a screenshot of what it looks like when it happens. 

Update as of April 6th, 2022: After the new update, it still happens. It happens in multiple saves and new saves I create. The save it happened in first I had the Honeymooners Senario active. This glitch does not happen at all until I enter the build and buy mode and leave. I still cannot play my game. 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, adjusted title to better reflect the issue

Message 1 of 40 (2,870 Views)

Re: Bug after Leaving Build/Buy Mode (Sims 4 PC)

★★★ Newbie

I also have this issue. It only happens when I try to have a wedding, though. Hope we get some answers.

Message 2 of 40 (2,832 Views)

Hero

Hi @DreamingStarz14 

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • ConfigOverride, if you have your own configuration files.
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 40 (2,745 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I've been having this same issue since October

Message 4 of 40 (2,691 Views)

Hero
@GuadalupeNunya Are you using mods/CC ? Have you tried the suggestion above ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 40 (2,665 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Hi,

I tried all those steps, repairing, reinstalling, making sure my computer is updated, ect. I think it is a issue with the recent update since it is still happening and everything was fine before the update. Thank you for the suggestion though!

Message 6 of 40 (2,646 Views)

Hero
@DreamingStarz14 Did you test a new save after the factory reset as well and it's also happening there or only in your existing save ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 40 (2,644 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@crinrict I did. It's still happening in the saves I have. I'll test it in a new save. I hope I don't have to restart because I was really far along in the household. 

Message 8 of 40 (2,639 Views)

Hero
@DreamingStarz14 would be interesting to know if the save somehow corrupted.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 40 (2,627 Views)

March 15 Update: UI disappearing

★★★ Newbie

Hi! 

Since the Neighborhood Stories update I have been unable to exit build-mode without the travel button disappearing, the UI vanishing, and unable to command sim actions. I've tried taking out all of my mods and CC and adding them back in after making sure they've been updated. I've repaired the game twice and the same result is still happening! This save is undergoing the "Too Many Toddlers" scenario. 

Is anyone else having the same problem?  

Thanks! 

Message 10 of 40 (2,616 Views)