by crinrict

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] Build Mode - Landscape / Furnishings Disappearing

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.154.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them (Snowy Escape Pre-Ordered)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Loading a lot that has been previously built and saved.
What happens when the bug occurs? When loading a lot with a sim already on it, everything is fine. When loading a lot previously built and furnished without a sim on it, everything (apart from random plants/doors/windows) disappears. All interior furnishings, lights, etc. are gone - both in and outside of the building. I've tried this on lots downloaded from the gallery, lots I've made myself, nothing. You can see from world view that there are exterior items in the yard (water towers, plants, etc.) but when you load the lot, they disappear. When you go back to world view from there, it has deleted it from visibility there now. I've tried repairing, uninstalling, reinstalling, there were no mods or cc in my game when the update happened, and I noticed this yesterday (before the update occurred). No mods or cc in the folder after the unisntall/reinstall, or during repairs. I tried to move a sim onto a lot and it is grayed out for furnished and says it's unavailable on this lot. You can see in the images I attached what I mean by grayed out. Also, you can see in world view there is plenty of exterior landscaping in this particular build (80% of my game's builds have been doing this - downloaded from gallery or built myself) but when you load the lot, it all disappears, as well as the entire interior. I did have twistedmexi's T.O.O.L. mod and pictureamoebae's red shelf downloaded at the time, but have since taken the mods out entirely, repaired the game last night (before the update), then today I updated the game (still no mods or cc - never have downloaded cc), same issue. I repaired it twice, same issue. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it, putting my saves back in once it was reinstalled - same issue.
What do you expect to see? Fully furnished lots after I've built them.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Attachments are below.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 12 (866 Views)

Re: Build Mode - Landscape / Furnishings Disappearing

Hero
@chz_p1zzza Do you get this on all houses or just this one ? If it's all, does it also happen in a fresh save or is it limited to this one ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 12 (825 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I'm having the same problem. It is happening in all lots.

Message 3 of 12 (821 Views)

Hero
@deemer21 Have you also been using mods or is this an vanilla gaem ?

Does it also happen on a fresh save if you start one for testing purposes ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 12 (803 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I used to have 2 mods but deleted them and cleaned the folder of the mods. I don't know if this is happening after saving. I think I havent saved the game since last update because of the problem I noticed.

Message 5 of 12 (760 Views)

Hero
@deemer21 Try saving under a new name and then test a fresh save

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 12 (756 Views)

Hero
@chz_p1zzza Have you been able to solve this issue ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 12 (714 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Could anyone experiencing this issue possibly share a save file with me? You can DM me the link to your save, thanks so much for the help!

Instructions for sending me your save: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 8 of 12 (681 Views)

★ Guide
@SimGuruNick One thing that makes things self-delete for me is the bug that makes the platform height auto-raise or lower when enclosing a space with walls. If it happens to raise rather than lower, things that were attached to, or against, the wall self-delete.
Message 9 of 12 (655 Views)

★★ Novice

Hey, sorry life's been hectic since posting this. No, it did not resolve. I'll send my save to Nick!

Thank you

Message 10 of 12 (624 Views)