Re: Repairing objects bug

by crinrict

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] Breakable Objects can't be repaired (endless repairing)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.69.59.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Journey to Batuu
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Click on a broken object and select repair.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims cannot finish the repair object action.
What do you expect to see? Sims should successfully repair objects
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Dec 14th 2020 patch update.

Sims will start repairing the object, the action timer will go normally and when it finishes and the item should be repaired it just stops at full and your sim continuously repairs the item until you cancel the action. The object never gets repaired.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted title

Message 1 of 34 (9,017 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@rvchelsims Is this for unbreakable objects only (that should be broken in the first place) or all objects ?

EDIT: So this seems to happen for certain breakable objects as well. Namely the climbing walls and some stereos.

If you have this issue for UNBREAKABLE objects, please use this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Unbreakable-Object-breaks-no-repair-Patch-1-59-73-Edition...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 34 (8,985 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It was a speaker and a rock climbing machine that were broken from being outside that I had 2 different sims try to repair and neither could complete the action. 

Message 3 of 34 (8,972 Views)

Hero
@rvchelsims Not sure if those have unbreakable upgrades. Have you done any upgrades ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 34 (8,946 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

i've had the same issue- the repair goes to full but never completes. think that handiness goes up the entire time? this happens even on objects that have no upgrades (either added through handiness or default to the item). debugging the object doesn't work, only replacing it entirely seems to. i don't use any cc/mods, playing most recent version. i don't get this bug every time i try to repair an object, but i've gotten this bug on and off for a pretty long time (like, 6 months minimum). most recent instance of this, the object (digital keyboard) was broken by being outside in the rain, but in the past i've had 100% indoor objects suffer the same bug

Message 5 of 34 (8,927 Views)

★★★★ Novice

The rock climbing machine was not upgraded at all, not sure about the stereo as it came with the house on the gallery but I’d assume it wasn’t upgraded. 

Message 6 of 34 (8,922 Views)

Hero
@rvchelsims What stereo did you use ? Can you double-check if it was upgraded ? There is a known bug for this

As for the rock climbing wall, that seems to have a self-fix upgrade but if you never added that, it might have separate issues (although I'm pretty sure mine broke a while ago and I was able to fix it at the time).

@spiralingshape Some objects come unbreakable by default. Do you remember which objects you had it on ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 34 (8,912 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@crinrict i've had this infinite repair issue w many objects- the keyboard, as i mentioned; washing machines (these have been buggy for me in general); stereos, especially the one that's a career reward

i don't think any of them had built-in Unbreakable (that's mostly high-end kitchen appliances, i think?)
Message 8 of 34 (8,883 Views)

★★★★ Novice

So I tested more, so far ive been able to repair all indoor appliances (sink, toilet, dishwasher, fridge etc) with no problem. Only exception was the robot vacuum which my sim was able to repair to where it worked again but the actual object still had the appearance of it being broken (smoking and beeping). But anything outside that breaks because of weather is where the bug happens for me from what I’ve noticed. 

Message 9 of 34 (8,859 Views)

Climibing wall unrepearable

★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Norsk
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.70.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All, except Journy To Batuu
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a broken climbing wall, and try to repair it.
What happens when the bug occurs? It’s still broken after repairing it
What do you expect to see? A functional climbing wall after it’s been repaired.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

The climbing wall breaks in bad weather. When trying to repair it, my sim will go to fix it, and after my sim is done, it is still broken.

I’ve tried to repair it both during bad weather and sunshine.

It’s been like this for a few months now, maybe since last summer? I’m not exactly sure.

Message 10 of 34 (8,776 Views)