[NEEDS SAVES] Bot Enhancement/Repair not working (Patch 1.60.54)

by minimin218

Original Post

Re: Cant repair utiliti bots

Hero
@jenny7020 Think it's the same then. I merged your post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 31 of 41 (1,040 Views)

Re: Cant repair utiliti bots

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I have this issue and it's really strange.  
Out the gate I had the issue, then it partially fixed for several hours after I equipped a cybernetic arm (I could repair but not 'Tune Up', didn't get a change to test upgrade).  
Then out of the blue, the issue reappeared; tried reequipping the cybernetic arm but couldn't get the 'fix' to reoccur.  
So I genuinely have no idea what's going on with the DLC, and this is the third DLC in a row I've brought with some kind of issue that makes a feature unusable.  
Safe to say, I'm not going to be purchasing anything more any time soon.... 

Message 32 of 41 (835 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Bot Enhancement/Repair not working (Patch 1.60.54)

Community Manager (retired)

For anyone still experiencing this issue, could you possibly share a save file where you've seen it occur? You can DM me the link to your save, thanks so much!

Instructions for sharing a save: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 33 of 41 (740 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Bot Enhancement/Repair not working (Patch 1.60.54)

★★ Novice

Had the "problem" of creating level 3 bots right from the start and not being able to enhance them, too. Actually I think there is no problem with the robotics skill and the workbench at all: The solution is quite easy. After having crafted a level 3 bot you have to activate them - this will drain energy and drop durability. When placing a "used" bot on the workbench the option to enhance and tune up is available and works as intended.

Message 34 of 41 (674 Views)

enhance a bot

★★★ Newbie

Everything I am seeing about this issue is 3 years old with none of the answers given have worked. I am unable to enhance a utili-bot. I have had one working around the house until it said upgrade 10 and was still not given the option and when I tuned it up the upgrade level dropped to 1. I have one currently at upgrade level 4 and have all of the components needed for the enhancement according to the lesson in the menu and still no option is given. Please provide me with what I am doing wrong or a fix, thank you. I have most all of the content with the exception of Cottage LIving, Dream Home Decorator, My Wedding Stories, Journey to Batuu, Werewolves, Moschino Stuff, Nifty Knitting, Tiny Living, and all of the Kits.

Message 35 of 41 (1,571 Views)

Re: enhance a bot

★★ Apprentice

I'm having the same problem and it's frustrating because it's been going on for so many years, I wish they would just fix it. Also I can't get food or drinks from the party bot, it just glitches. 

Message 36 of 41 (1,491 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Bot Enhancement/Repair not working (Patch 1.60.54)

Message 37 of 41 (569 Views)

★★ Apprentice
Message 38 of 41 (1,483 Views)

★ Guide

A modder found the problem and fixed it two years ago. That's why I always look for a mod as soon as I see a bug. If you wait for EA to fix it, it'll never work. Here's the fix: https://sims4studio.com/thread/21108/robotics-enhance-level-criteria-parts

Found it after experiencing the exact same problem as you. I'd say EA should be ashamed, but they don't know the meaning of the word. I see them asking for save files all the time to "replicate the error", meanwhile modders just look at the actual code, find the issue, and fix it. For over a grand, this game should work.

Message 39 of 41 (1,300 Views)

★ Novice

Great I’m having this problem in 2024 and I’m on an Xbox so I can’t do mods. Is there a fix for this yet? Because I have NO idea how the game expects me to advance in the Bot Savants. Does EA do this often? Leave games buggy for years? If so I’m gonna stop buying packs at this point. I’m sick of spending my money on stuff that doesn’t even work. 

Message 40 of 41 (271 Views)