by Wndblwz

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] Best Friends Scenario: Skill-building at Park not registering

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.88.228.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to park with Sim kid, use equipment
What happens when the bug occurs? Game does not register any skill-building activities toward the goal completion
What do you expect to see? Credit for activities
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Removed and bug continues
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Nope. Before and after recent patch

The objective to do 20 skill-building activities while at a park cannot be fulfilled because the game is not recording activities. Specific: My Sim child has played on the monkey bars, played chess over the course of several Sim hours and in various parks (to ensure consistency). The game recognizes 2 of 20.

Edit By Crinrict: Filled in form from answers given 

Message 2 of 12 (1,220 Views)

Best Friends Scenario: Bug with Playground Skill activities

★★ Guide

The objective to do 20 skill-building activities while at a park cannot be fulfilled because the game is not recording activities. Specific: My Sim child has played on the monkey bars, played chess over the course of several Sim hours and in various parks (to ensure consistency). The game recognizes 2 of 20.

Message 1 of 12 (1,229 Views)

Re: Best Friends Scenario: Bug with Playground Skill activities

Champion

@Wndblwz , I just started with this scenario but I haven't gotten far at all.  I will be on the lookout for this when I get to that point!Raised eyebrow

Are you playing on a console or on a PC or Mac?  If you are playing on a PC or Mac, are you using any Mods or Custom Content (CC)?Wondering

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 3 of 12 (1,197 Views)

Re: Best Friends Scenario: Skill-building at Park not registering

[ Edited ]
Hero

Could you please edit your post and add the following info to your post.

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:
Which language are you playing the game in? 
How often does the bug occur? 
What is your current game version number? 
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? 
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 
What happens when the bug occurs? 
What do you expect to see? 
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods?
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? 

The bug template is currently working on/pff but it helps if you are not prompted for the template while editing, please answer the questions anyways.

EDIT: Also merged your posts.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 12 (1,192 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@WndblwzI was having problems with this at first too, but then I realized my sim wasn't going to an actual Park. My Sims were living in Del Sol Valley and the kid was going to the "parklike" area with the playground equipment next to a residential lot, but that is not an actual lot you can visit on the Manage Worlds screen. Once I sent the sim to travel to the actual Park lot in Oasis Springs, the activities started to check off. I would check to be sure the lot you are sending them to is an actual lot on the Manage Worlds screen and it is set with lot type Park.

I'm having a problem with a different goal in this same Scenario, though. I can't get the first goal to check off (become BFFs with another child sim). My sim has become Best Friends with Orange Bailey-Moon and it didn't register. I even exited the lot via Manage Worlds, went to a different lot and came back but it still didn't check off. Then she became BFFs with Olive Tinker and it still didn't check off. This was in a brand new save started just for the scenario.

So it's also possible this whole Scenario is just bugged and inconsistently not registering different goals as complete.

Message 5 of 12 (1,177 Views)

Champion

@kimberlyaz1992 , excellent point on the parks!  🙌👏👍😃
I have only so far made friends with my Sims mom.  That did count toward her friend total, but I haven't had my child Sim meet any other children yet.  I will update all of y'all when I do so, to tell you if it registers as a friendship for my Sim or not! Wink

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 6 of 12 (1,168 Views)

★★ Guide

I was using actual parks.

Message 7 of 12 (1,124 Views)

Hero
@Wndblwz Do you have any patterns what parks don't work ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 12 (1,122 Views)

★★ Guide

Hi, Crin. I just updated my original post as you requested... No patterns. I tried almost every park in the game, including custom parks. I wound up completing all the other tasks, aging my child up and the scenario was marked as successfully completed.

Message 9 of 12 (1,120 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have the same problem with my game where I've ticked of the other assignments except becoming BFF wit another child. I've tried becoming BFF with several children but it still won't tick off. 

Message 10 of 12 (932 Views)