Re: [OPEN] Become invisible after a space travel (Rocket)

by aimalyn

Original Post

Re: My sim disappears after a woohoo in the Steampunk Flyamajig

★ Apprentice

This happens to me too, most any time my sim explores space or woohoos in the rocket. It hasn't mattered what level my sim's skill is, what rocket I use or what upgrades my rocket has. The quick fix I use is just to have the sim change clothes using a mirror or dresser or even clicking on the space the sim should be. Before I figured out that just changing clothes would fix it, I had the sim shower to bring them back. It doesn't fix the underlying issue, but at least you can see your sim. 

Message 41 of 60 (1,663 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Apprentice

Bumping the thread to say that this is still happening to my sim. Send them on a space journey, they come back invisible. They're vampires if that makes a difference. Changing their clothes and showering used to work to get them back but it no longer does. I tried resetting him using the cheat panel and that didn't work. Traveling did the trick, but it's annoying and interferes with a bunch of other stuff I have going on. 

Message 42 of 60 (1,578 Views)

EA Sims Team

Sul Sul @aimalyn!!!

First of all, thanks for calling out that this is still happening in your game!
Our team has been looking into this issue, but we were not able to reproduce it so far.
If you don't mind, would you be able to provide us with your save file so we can investigate this further? This would actually help us a lot!
If you're up for it, here are the instructions on how you can share files with our team.

Thanks so much and Happy Simming! Party hat

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 43 of 60 (1,563 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@aimalynIt happens to me too. Whenever a Sim uses the rocket for whatever they are doing, they come back invisible. This happens to regular Sims and vampires. Never tried with an alien. The only way I can fix it is traveling to another area or by clicking in 'Manage Worlds' and then coming back. Can't interact directly with the invisible Sims, so, isn't possible change clothes. I tried a new game free of mods. Nothing changed.

Message 44 of 60 (1,535 Views)

★★ Apprentice

It happens to me when I send my sim to excersize in space and not with space travel. I only have the base game, no cc with all the upgrades. Happens 100% of the times AND Is solved by showering, going to work or traveling again. 

Message 45 of 60 (1,317 Views)

Hero
@vickyelm Would you mind sending your save to QA ? See above for instructions.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 46 of 60 (1,285 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Become invisible after a space travel (Rocket)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I used to have the problem, on my former Laptop. It met the specifics of the game, but just barely, and I had to play on low settings. My Graphics card, and Memory quite often had problems running properly. Don't know if any of these things could be the problem, but I've never had the problem since I bought a newer machine. - Even though, I've brought the saved Games from the old machine over. Always made certain, that there were shower options on the Rocket premises, for them to turn visible again, fast.

Message 47 of 60 (1,250 Views)

Message 48 of 60 (1,219 Views)

Re: Sims Become Invisible After Using a Rocket at Ultra Speed

★★★★★ Apprentice

This is interesting with my servos...  The shower doesn't fix it and I have to go to manage worlds entirely to fix it.  This is frustrating seeing as my servo is an astronaut!  Took me a second to find the log, but here it is!  Wish I knew how to send you my save.  

=== Application info === Name: Sims4 Version: 1.77.146.1030 Build: Release 64 Bit === Rating info === GPU: 3 GPU Memory: 3 CPU: 3 RAM: 4 CPU Speed: 2400 Threading: 2 Adjusted CPU: 3000 RAM: 6016 Adjusted RAM: 5504 Cores: 2 === Machine info === OS version: Windows 10 10.0.19042 OS prod type: OS major ver: 10 OS minor ver: 0 OS SP major ver: OS SP minor ver: OS is 64Bit: 1 CPU: GenuineIntel Brand: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-7100U CPU @ 2.40GHz Family: 6 Model: 14 Cores: 2 HT: 1 x64: 1 Memory: 6016MB Free memory: 1841MB VA space: 134217728MB User: green Computer: MARLY === Graphics device info === Number: 0 Name (driver): Intel(R) HD Graphics 620 Name (database): Intel (R) UHD 620 [Found: 1, Supported: 1] Vendor: Intel Chipset: Vendor: 8086, Device: 5916, Board: 830f103c, Chipset: 0002 Driver: igdumdim64.dll, Version: 25.20.100.6446, GUID: D7B78E66-1A56-11CF-A26A-6BA3B9C2D435 Driver version: 6446 Monitor: \\.\DISPLAY1 Texture memory: 752MB Vertex program: 3.0 Pixel program: 3.0 Hardware TnL: 1 Opt. features: +sab +a8l8 +rgba16f +r32f +bc4 +bc5 -rawz +intz === Options === NumBoots 661 LightingQuality 2 GeneralReflections 2 ObjectQuality 2 VisualEffects 2 PostProcessing 1 UseUncompressedTextures 1 TerrainQuality 2 EdgeSmoothing 0 TerrainSlopeScaling 1 SimQuality 2 ViewDistance 3 AdvancedRendering 1 VerticalSync 1 UseHiDpi 1 UiScale 100 UseOSDpi 1 ResolutionWidth 1366 ResolutionHeight 745 ResolutionRefresh 0 SceneResolution 3 VisualQuality 3 FullScreen 0 WindowedFullScreen 0 FrameRateLimit 200 DisableScreensaverInFullscreenMode 1 AudioQuality 1 AudiOopsutputMode 1 MasterLevel 255 VoiceLevel 255 SoundFXLevel 255 MusicLevel 255 MenuMusicLevel 0 UISoundSXLevel 255 AmbientLevel 255 FocusMute 1 MoodChange 1 VoiceMute 0 SoundFXMute 0 MusicMute 0 UIMute 0 AmbientMute 0 MatchSpeedStereoMusic 1 EdgeScrolling 1 EdgeScrollingWarning 1 EnableTelemetry 0 InvertHorizontalRotation 0 InvertVerticalRotation 0 FPInvertHorizontalRotation 0 FPInvertVerticalRotation 0 FPDisableCameraBob 0 AdvancedCamera 0 CameraSpeed 100 FPCameraSpeed 100 CursorSpeed 100 CursorAcceleration 100 ScreenshotPostUI 0 VideoCaptureSize 1 VideoCaptureQuality 2 VideoCaptureSound 1 VideoCaptureTime 0 VideoCaptureHideUI 1 AutonomyHousehold 3 AutonomyDisabledForActiveSim 0 SimsSetAgeSpeed 1 SimsSetAgingEnabled 0 TradSocialMenuEnabled 0 MemoriesHelperEnabled 1 AutoAgeUnplayed 0 NPCReplacement 0 TutorialEnabled 1 MaxProtectedSims 0 SeasonLength 0 RainOptions 0 SnowOptions 0 TemperatureEffects 1 ThunderSnowStorms 1 IcyConditions 1 FameStartSimsOptedOut 0 NPCCivicVoting 1 EcoFootprintGameplay 1 BuildEcoEffects 1 ShowWhims 1 LifestylesEffects 1 DustSystem 1 CreatureAging 1 ShowModListStartup 1 ModsDisabled 1 ScriptModsEnabled 0 ShowOnlineNotifications 1 AutoReconnect 1 OnlineAccess 0 DisableComments 0 HideReportedContent 0 RazerOptionEnabled 0 AnimaticPack 1000 SurveysEnabled 0 MuteTutorialNarration 0 EnableFTUETutorialStart 0 === Default Options === NumBoots 4294967295 LightingQuality 2 GeneralReflections 2 ObjectQuality 2 VisualEffects 2 PostProcessing 1 UseUncompressedTextures 1 TerrainQuality 1 EdgeSmoothing 0 TerrainSlopeScaling 1 SimQuality 2 ViewDistance 3 AdvancedRendering 1 VerticalSync 0 UseHiDpi 1 UiScale 100 UseOSDpi 1 ResolutionWidth 1600 ResolutionHeight 900 ResolutionRefresh 4294967295 SceneResolution 3 VisualQuality 3 FullScreen 0 WindowedFullScreen 0 FrameRateLimit 200 DisableScreensaverInFullscreenMode 1 AudioQuality 3 AudiOopsutputMode 1 MasterLevel 255 VoiceLevel 255 SoundFXLevel 255 MusicLevel 255 MenuMusicLevel 255 UISoundSXLevel 255 AmbientLevel 255 FocusMute 1 MoodChange 1 VoiceMute 0 SoundFXMute 0 MusicMute 0 UIMute 0 AmbientMute 0 MatchSpeedStereoMusic 1 EdgeScrolling 1 EdgeScrollingWarning 1 EnableTelemetry 1 InvertHorizontalRotation 0 InvertVerticalRotation 0 FPInvertHorizontalRotation 0 FPInvertVerticalRotation 0 FPDisableCameraBob 0 AdvancedCamera 0 CameraSpeed 100 FPCameraSpeed 100 CursorSpeed 100 CursorAcceleration 100 ScreenshotPostUI 0 VideoCaptureSize 1 VideoCaptureQuality 2 VideoCaptureSound 1 VideoCaptureTime 0 VideoCaptureHideUI 1 AutonomyHousehold 3 AutonomyDisabledForActiveSim 0 SimsSetAgeSpeed 1 SimsSetAgingEnabled 2 TradSocialMenuEnabled 0 MemoriesHelperEnabled 1 AutoAgeUnplayed 1 NPCReplacement 1 TutorialEnabled 1 MaxProtectedSims 0 SeasonLength 0 RainOptions 0 SnowOptions 0 TemperatureEffects 1 ThunderSnowStorms 1 IcyConditions 1 FameStartSimsOptedOut 0 NPCCivicVoting 1 EcoFootprintGameplay 1 BuildEcoEffects 1 ShowWhims 0 LifestylesEffects 1 DustSystem 1 CreatureAging 1 ShowModListStartup 1 ModsDisabled 0 ScriptModsEnabled 0 ShowOnlineNotifications 1 AutoReconnect 1 OnlineAccess 1 DisableComments 0 HideReportedContent 0 RazerOptionEnabled 0 AnimaticPack 1000 SurveysEnabled 1 MuteTutorialNarration 0 EnableFTUETutorialStart 1

Message 49 of 60 (871 Views)

Re: Sims Become Invisible After Using a Rocket at Ultra Speed

★★★★★ Apprentice
@MsMisc Just saw the several places you said how to send a save... Sheepishly tries...
Message 50 of 60 (868 Views)