Re: Sims Become Invisible After Using a Rocket at Ultra Speed

by crinrict

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

I have this problem also.  This started for me sometime in June 2016; I noticed around the time kids started disappearing when they were hunting for toys in trash cans.  At that time I was on Window 8 and since then I've upgraded to Windows 10 and the problem persists.  My GPU is NVIDIA  GeForce GTX 960M.  I just updated my drivers (I saw you recommend that) and I sent a Sim to space and they still came back invisible. Having my Sim shower doesn't usually help, though taking them into CAS does.  Any help with this would be appreciated.  

Thanks!

Jennifer

Message 20 of 60 (2,101 Views)

Hero

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

You can attach the txt file to your post directly.

Also are you using custom content or mods in your game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 21 of 60 (2,110 Views)

★ Novice

I'm having the same issue.  Saving the game returned visibility in one session, but is not in another.  I'm running macOS Sierra 10.12.2 with a 2.9 GHz Intel Core i5 processor and an Intel Iris 6100 graphics card with 1.5 GB of VRAM, both well above the minimum.

Message 22 of 60 (2,090 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Hi Crin,

Sorry for the very late reply; I never noticed that you replied until I got an update on this thread yesterday.  I don't use mods, but I did change some graphic settings after looking around the site and it seems like something seems to have resolved the problem (I just went on and checked).  I don't remember exactly what I changed in the graphic settings, except I changed a few that had been on medium to high, but then that gave me a problem with terrain paints (ie if I used them, the rest of the lot that was unpainted would turn dark brown), so I have since further changed my graphic settings (switched a couple back to medium) and that is no longer an issue.  

I assume that you no longer need to see my DxDiag since the problem seems to be gone (at least for now Standard smile ).  I do have another question; I did look to see how to run a DxDiag, and the option to run the DxDiag on a 64 bit system isn't coming up even though I have a 64 bit system plus under system information it states I'm on a 64 bit system when I pull up the DxDiag tool.  Would you have any idea why this is the case?

Thanks and regards,
Jennifer

Message 23 of 60 (2,078 Views)
Highlighted

Hero

The 64 bit option only comes up on Win 7. On Win 8.1 and 10, Windows is able to properly use the right version on it's own.

If it's solved, no, I don't need your specs

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 24 of 60 (2,066 Views)

★ Novice

I'm gonna bump because I'm still having this issue

Message 25 of 60 (2,054 Views)

Hero

Did you try playing around with your graphics settings as suggested above ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 26 of 60 (2,043 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] Become invisible after a space travel (Rocket)

Hero

Hi @Pirathle

this is a know issue so I merged the old thread into yours.

What kind of graphics card do you have ? Have you tried taking a shower to make them visible again ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 28 of 60 (1,912 Views)

Re: Become invisible after a space travel (Rocket)

Hero

Tagging @Pirathle for specs

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 29 of 60 (1,882 Views)

Re: Become invisible after a space travel (Rocket)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hello @crinrict,

Thank you a lot for the merging.

This is my computer specification :

Nom du modèle : MacBook Air

Identifiant du modèle : MacBookAir7,2

Nom du processeur : Intel Core i5

Vitesse du processeur : 1,6 GHz

Nombre de processeurs : 1

Nombre total de cœurs : 2

Cache de niveau 2 (par cœur) : 256 Ko

Cache de niveau 3 : 3 Mo

Mémoire : 8 Go

Version de la ROM de démarrage : MBA71.0171.B00

Version SMC (système) : 2.27f2

They re-appear when they come back from work or when they take shower effectively.

Message 30 of 60 (1,868 Views)