[FIXED] Baby bassinet spawn at unreachable places (ocean, off-lot)

by kittikitti

Original Post

Re: Lost child living in stonest

★★★★★ Pro

You could try teleporting as a workaround. That should at least let you reach the baby to take care of him. There are several ways to teleport. These are the ones I know.

1. Use testingCheats on in the cheat console. Shift-click on the ground inside the apartment to teleport in and shift-click on the ground outside to get back out.

2. Use the teleport from yoga if your skill is high enough.

3. Use batform or mistform if your Sim is a vampire and has one of those powers.

4. Use the transportalate spell if your Sim is a spellcaster and has the spell.

5. Use a broom to fly there if your Sim is a spellcaster.

Your baby should be able to get out once he becomes a toddler. Just travel to another lot and take the toddler with you.

Message 41 of 61 (2,191 Views)

Hero
@DrRiverSong83 Merging this with the main thread on bassinets spawning in unreachable places.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 42 of 61 (2,162 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Here is my current baby and a previous baby (empty bassinet). 

I was living in the StoneStreet Apartments. 

Message 43 of 61 (2,132 Views)

EA Staff

Hello All,

If anyone of you are still encountering this (without mods), would you be willing to share your save file(s)?

If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file.

Instructions here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 44 of 61 (2,064 Views)

★★ Guide

Just started having this issue now on a lot in Willow Creek (on PS4)

I’ve just moved them into this lot 

Message 45 of 61 (2,022 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@xjodielaura PS4 users can share their save files with the team. See the post right above yours.
Message 46 of 61 (2,015 Views)

★★ Guide

@PoptartJuniper Unfortunately i don’t have a USB or pc to upload save files otherwise I would 

Message 47 of 61 (1,981 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Baby bassinet spawn at unreachable places (ocean, off-lot)

★★★ Guide
@kittikitti I had this happen once or twice - it was the first time I moved to a diff lot and moved back. 2nd time I downloaded TwistedMexi's TOOL mod and started learning to use it - to save my baby Standard smile I use TOOL all the time now (shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh)
Message 48 of 61 (1,832 Views)

crib get stuck on the edge of the lot after moving family to that lot

★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Svenska
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.85.203.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them but not Trowback kit, modern menswere kit and decor to the max kit.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Move a family with a baby to a new empty lot. The crib directly stuck to the edge of the lot next to the mailbox and I could not move the crib in buildmode.
What happens when the bug occurs? Just that you can't move the crib from buildmode or anywhere else
What do you expect to see? I want to be able to move the crib to where I want on the lot.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The update to decore to the max kit an everything after that

I can not move my crib after moving my family to a new lot. I dont know if it has to do with any update or something but the crib is outside of the lot when I enter the lot with the family. I know i can solve it by aging up the baby but I don't want that really. Because she came to life just before the move.

Message 49 of 61 (1,784 Views)

How can I delete items from between property lines?

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

I am having the same problem where my bassinet is stuck in between two property lines. This happened after I started playing a different, pre-made Sims family and splitting those Sims up into different households. I was able to delete the mailbox using testingcheats true (The Sims 4 - How to reset stuck and unresponsive Sims in The Sims 4 (ea.com)as suggested by EA, but the bassinet still sits there. (Please see attachment.)

Message 50 of 61 (1,707 Views)