Re: How can I delete items from between property lines?

by wuebker1992

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

I know there have been a few replies to this thread already - I found it when having the same issue today, but nothing suggested worked.

I moved my Sims home into an unfurnished lot with their twin babies. One bassinet was easily accessible, the other absolutely not. I found that the most random thing worked unfortunately AFTER I'd aged them into toddlers. I was nervous to try too much before I had kept them safe though...but judging by what happened it might be okay?

I went into build mode and bulldozed the terrain - I was literally trying everything. I had aged them up but this bassinet still sat stupidly at the edge of the lot. Lo and behold -- one baby bassinet moved into household inventory! Yes, I lost the terrain details around my house, but all hail the bassinet in the inventory!

Message 51 of 61 (745 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I also tried bulldozing the terrain, but unfortunately in my case it didn't do anything. Good thinking!

Message 52 of 61 (673 Views)

I can’t move baby crib

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Suomi
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.91.205.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything else but not 2 newest one.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Move family to empty lot with newborn baby. In evergreen harbor. I was moving to rockridge springs lot (lot was empty).
What happens when the bug occurs? Baby crib is not in lot. I can’t move crib.
What do you expect to see? I should be able to move the crib.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I didn’t try this multiple times. Because i tried to delete lot and everything, but crib stays. 

Message 53 of 61 (710 Views)

Re: I can’t move baby crib

Champion

Did you try moving the family out, then placing a crib on the lot, then moving the family back in?

You can check this thread for other options: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-Baby-bassinet-spawn-at-unreachable-places-ocean-of...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer for Answers HQ, I do not work for EA
She/Her
Message 54 of 61 (666 Views)

Re: I can’t move baby crib

★★★ Newbie

Yes. It didn’t work. Crib still stays on where it is. 

I tried everything on that ocean post. But nothing works. I had to move family to different location.

Message 55 of 61 (649 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Baby bassinet spawn at unreachable places (ocean, off-lot)

★★ Novice

I know this is forever late, but maybe someone has no idea, so lemme help.

I just ran into this issue, I had a baby on a border and i couldn't move her in build mode (with bb.moveobjects on). So I just....shift + Left click and hit Destroy Object (debug) and it deleted the bassinette. I want to specify, I made sure the bed was highlighted and NOT the baby. I then put in a new bassinette and i left  - like went a resturant, instantly came back and Little Nicolia was in his damned bed sleeping. Not outside in the blizzard.

Hopefully this helps some. 

Message 56 of 61 (523 Views)

Can't delete basinet

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.93.146.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Most of them except for kits, wedding stories, warewolves and paranormal
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Move only a baby from the World map
What happens when the bug occurs? I moved a baby and the game placed the basinet on the edge of the lot. After aging up the baby, the basinet is untouchables.
What do you expect to see? That the basinet is placed fully on the lot and that it can be sold/moved/deleted after aging up.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I've tried to delete it any way I can possibly think of using the hammer and dragging over the lot to delete etc. 
I also tried to "Set as head" after the testincheats on but nothing happens. I have tried everything. I just want it to go away... 

Message 57 of 61 (519 Views)

Re: Can't delete basinet

★★ Guide
@ToraUF0 I assume bulldozing the lot didn't help either?

Try moving the household out and back in, if it's stll there, bulldoze the lot and place a new lot with moveobjects off, does that work?
Message 58 of 61 (492 Views)

my baby is off the lot and i cant interact with him

★ Novice

at some point, I moved a cradle to the corner of my lot while I was editing my house. at some point in editing the house, the cradle ended up moving outside the lot. I couldn't select it in build mode, and couldn't do anything with it in live mode. it was annoying, but I let it be.

but now my sim just had a baby and it was automatically moved to that cradle. I still can't move it, and my sims can't interact with it at all; they move a few steps towards it, then cancel the action. this means I can't feed the baby or even age him up. what am I supposed to do?

Message 59 of 61 (419 Views)

Re: my baby is off the lot and i cant interact with him

Hero

@globeworker 

One thing you can try is moving the family out of the lot and then move them back in.  Since the bassinet is off the lot, it might leave it but the baby should get a new one.  If that doesn't work, then try moving the family to another lot and then the baby should get a new bassinet.  Then try moving the family back to the original lot.

Hope this helps.

Message 60 of 61 (394 Views)