Re: [OPEN] Auto-solving energy need causes 'Back Float' instead

by ArcherAngelo

Original Post

★★ Novice

I got recently this problem. Searching for solution I find out this post. Mean time I found the solution by myself so I decide to share this experience and maybe it works for others with same prolem as it work for me. So I build a house and save it in my library for later. Few days later I place this house on one of the lots and there I moved in a household. I start to noticed pretty weird things. Not only the Sims go back float instead of sleeping in bed but a lot of other little things. Usually every Sim automatically wash his/her hands after use toilet, putting books away after reading, clean dishes after meal/drink, mop the floor... well more or less. But usually more. So in my case even those things they didn't do but go to back float was pretty irritating. Then something cross my mind and thought maybe it is. And it was. When I saved house in my library I didn't specified number of bedrooms and bathrooms. So I evict the household and save this lot again, but this time I specified number of bedrooms and bathrooms. I bulduze this problematic lot and put there newly saved lot. Now I put there previously evicted household and run the game. Now it works like a charm. They go to bed now and they do all other tiny things which I mentioned here too. Doing that I lost upgrades on appliances and electronics. So I guess the solution for that will be put those upgraded appliances/electronics in family inventory before evicted them from the lot and put them back later when you move them in lot again. I apolagize if something what I wrote look awkward or weird since English isn't my native language.

Message 11 of 20 (868 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Staff

Hello,

Apologies for delay in response.

I heard that this is by design, auto solve should prefer a bed or coffee or going into a pool.

There was some misunderstanding on our end, my bad. Its not by design so striking what I posted earlier. 

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 12 of 20 (836 Views)

Hero
@SimGuruRitzy does back float replenish the energy ? If not, it seems a bit odd.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 20 (820 Views)

★★★ Guide
Mermaids really have gotten such little care versus other occult sims. They get no tombstones or urns, no bassinet, and now they are glitching out the regulars sims trying to drown themselves to sleep. Luckily this does not seem to be an issue for the ocean, just pools.
Message 14 of 20 (793 Views)

★★★ Guide

This is still an issue. I walked away from my game for a bio break and came back to some exhausted sims about to drown in the pool if they had been left any longer because instead of going to bed they went out to back float. This is insane!

Message 15 of 20 (732 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Could anyone experiencing this issue possibly share a save file with me where you've seen it occur? You can DM me the link to your save, thanks so much!

Instructions for sending me your save: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 16 of 20 (685 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Auto-solving energy need causes "Back Float" instead

★ Guide

That makes so much sense. Auto-solving these things for normal sims does have a chance of my sim going straight to the pool despite that resulting in decreasing hygiene and or sleep need further. I would say it happens like 1/10 times when I select auto solve.

Message 17 of 20 (547 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

I see this a lot without the auto-solve button, with regular autonomy. I have to watch my Sims like a hawk if there's a pool on lot because 90% of the time instead of sleeping in a bed they go to back float. I fear I use very foul and harsh language with them when they do and tell them to get their stupid selves into a bed before they die. I haven't tested to see if they'll actually die, but I was assuming yes.

If there's NOT a pool on the lot, 90% of the time my Sims will choose to curl up on a park-style bench outdoors in the rain like a hobo. This is particularly annoying/hilarious when they have nightclothes like Nancy Landgraab's.  Yes, I'm going to pop on this bustier and garter belt and then curl up on a bench facing the street on my teen son's balcony.....

Apparently beds are passe and to be avoided at all costs!

Message 18 of 20 (412 Views)

★★ Guide

Yup, just had a bunch of my household die from drowning. I play a large household and took them all to that karaoke lounge, (Stargazer I think it's called?) I was focused on one or two of my sims and saw a message that asked if one of the other housemates disliked fitness. I didn't think much of it, I thought maybe she went off to do sit ups or something. Then the next thing I know, one sim after the other started dying. I didn't see that the karaoke bar had a big pool in it and my tired sims apparently all went to back float in it and drowned.  I did have a sense of humor about it because I thought it was pretty funny, but none of these housemates are mermaids. I didn't try to autosolve it either. They went to backfloat on their own. I wasn't paying attention to what the others were doing and all I can say is Grim had a busy shift that night. The sim who "dislikes fitness" was the only one with the sense to get out of the pool and not drown.

Message 19 of 20 (360 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I notice this has been open for a while now, but I recently had this issue with a household in my Not So Berry legacy save - are you still looking for save files?

Message 20 of 20 (232 Views)