by Bearpal64

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] Auto-solving energy need causes 'Back Float' instead

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.60.54.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs except Uni and Island Living and every game pack except StrangerVille.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim in your household who is tired.
What happens when the bug occurs? Auto-solving the energy need sometimes causes sims to go back float in a pool instead.
What do you expect to see? Auto-solving the energy need should cause the sim to get coffee or going to bed.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Auto-solving the energy need sometimes causes the sim to back float in a pool instead.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 20 (3,775 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Auto-solving energy need causes "Back Float" instead

★ Guide

This issue is related to the Island Living pack:

Mermaids can replenish their Energy need by sleeping in a pool.

But normal sims can't sleep in a pool so they back float instead.

Same for the Hygiene need: Mermaids can replenish their Hydration need by drinking.

Normal sims can't replenish their Hygiene need that way.

Message 2 of 20 (3,596 Views)

★ Guide

might an unusual amount of 'washing hands' when low on energy or something be related to that too?

Message 3 of 20 (3,567 Views)

★★★ Pro

I am also experiencing this.

Message 4 of 20 (3,525 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Auto-solving energy need causes 'Back Float' instead

★★★ Newbie

This is incredibly aggravating when trying to do any challenge where sims have full autonomy and you can't play them directly. Sometimes, I can "Call Over" to get them out of the pool, but babysitting sims constantly so they don't elect to die by drowning rather than sleeping is quite frustrating! There's no reason for this, I really hope they fix it. 

Message 5 of 20 (3,404 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@Zack4358 For me it sometimes causes nap in tub
Message 6 of 20 (3,380 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I found a mod that fixed this for me! <snip-mod removed - Sorry, but we don't allow such links>

Message 7 of 20 (3,362 Views)

★★★ Guide

I'm currently trying to drown Cassandra Goth in a pool and when I use the Ditty of Drowsiness (comes with the Piper Trait), she back floats too. 😆 

I'm playing on Xbox One.

Message 8 of 20 (3,244 Views)

★ Guide
@OnyxAnonTS4 The reason is that the game does not distinguish between mermaid and non-mermaid sims (in regard of the hygiene need). And mermaids can sleep in a pool (this interaction does not exist for "normal" sims --> another similar interaction is triggered --> this causes the back float interaction)
Message 9 of 20 (3,238 Views)

★ Guide
@MeltingPenguins My sim auto-solves his / her hygiene need by washing hands instead of using the shower / bathtub in the same room.
Message 10 of 20 (3,238 Views)