Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Aspiration not completing (Sim activity is not recognized)

by Kolbeh2010

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INFO] Aspiration not completing (Sim activity is not recognized)

★★★★ Novice

Sorry it took me time to get back to you , it is just one action the voting action i am having problems with , hope this helps. 

Message 21 of 39 (1,647 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INFO] Aspiration not completing (Sim activity is not recognized)

Community Manager (retired)

If anyone is still encountering this issue could you possibly share your save file with me? You can DM me the link to your save, thanks for all the help!

Instructions for sending me your save: 

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065... 

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 22 of 39 (1,606 Views)

★ Apprentice

My sim grew a cowplant to complete the freelance botanist aspiration and it did not count towards completion. I had to cheat to complete the aspiration.

Message 23 of 39 (1,544 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

It's happening with me in eco lifestyle, for the freelance botanist aspiration. It says to get my sim to level 4 gardening skill and it says (0/4) after, but my skills are now at 5 and still nothing has shown up. I tried changing aspirations and coming back, and leaving the lot. Nothing works, and I'm not sure how to cheat it. 

Message 24 of 39 (1,513 Views)

Hero
@meeshmeesh3 Did you send your save to QA as asked above by Nick ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 25 of 39 (1,474 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

No I haven't, but my problem is fixed, after leaving the lot and coming back. Sorry about that. 

I figured him going to work would have been the same thing but it wasn't. 

Thanks again. 

Message 26 of 39 (1,441 Views)

Hero
@meeshmeesh3 Potentially this issue then: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Aspiration-Counters-visually-reset/td-p/8950056

that's more of a visual thing that resets on travelling.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 27 of 39 (1,412 Views)

Re: Aspiration not completing (Sim activity is not recognized by aspiration)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I have had this issue since the update in the last couple of days. I haven't tried every aspiration, but I am also having trouble switching aspirations - I have to select it twice for it to register.

I have a Sim doing Master Maker, on the step to harvest from bug farm 3 times - he did it twice before update, but harvests after the update do not count. A Sim doing Public Enemy needs to reach Level 4 of the Criminal Career, he's at Level 6 (Boss), and it still shows as incomplete. A few Sims doing City Native, introductions in city neighborhoods, giving an apartment key, or ordering from food stalls - none have counted.

Upon loading a household, I get Error Code 140:95e2d14f:30cc6644, which also started happening with the latest update.

@CoolAKn Okay, so apparently it's a broken mod that's causing the error code, but I haven't tried completing any aspirations yet, since I am try to figure out which one is broken (thankfully I don't have very many).

(CM: edited to merge posts together. Tips on how to add additional info to a post can be found here.)

Message 28 of 39 (1,349 Views)

Hero
@CoolAKn Think it's Better Exception that's causing that error.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 29 of 39 (1,325 Views)

★ Novice

I have the same problem with 3 different aspirations. First one is check ID of Batuu citizens, stays 0/5, I have the necessary first order rank, and I checked people from every faction (batuu citizens included) just to make sure it does not work. The second one is the freelance gigs which I found has been reported already and is a known issue. The third one is the family aspiration "socialize with your child 10 times" and "read book to your children for 2 hours". The weird thing about this one is that it did complete for the father, but it does not complete for the mother. I tried clearing cache, moving lots, splitting household you name it. I don't use any mods. These issues all occur with the same 1 sim

Added the most up to date last exception

Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 30 of 39 (1,250 Views)